Riviera Resort 2021 Dues

manzanoj

Earning My Ears
Looks like they went up 6.3%. Did anybody else hear they were giving us a credit in 2021 due to COVID-19 instead of asking for reduced dues this year? I thought they would atleast stay the same :(

Looks like they went up 6.3%. Did anybody else hear they were giving us a credit in 2021 due to COVID-19 instead of asking for reduced dues this year? I thought they would atleast stay the same :(
They would never reduce dues calculation. It would absolutely be a credit.

Resort budget is based on expected property tax and operating costs. There is a ceiling to how much they can increase the operating costs year over year. (Property tax is not capped.) Surplus from 2020 is how they pay for these costs, but do not actually reduce the costs.

If they reduced the dues calculation, it puts them in a pickle for 2022 with caps on increase, especially with minimum wage law increases that go beyond what Disney had already negotiated with the union. Dues per point is a multi-year thing.

If there is credit for 2020 operating expenses, it will be offered as a credit on your amount owed, not to change the total owed. Basically, applied like a payment, not as a reduction of responsibility.

Your math might be a little off. From my understanding the dues went from 8.30 to 8.38 which is less than 1% increase.

As mentioned, the dues went up less than 1%...the smallest increase of any of the WDW resorts,

When we get our bill for 2021, some or all of the savings from the closure...which normally simply goes to the capital reserves budget...will be a credit.

We won’t know that until December when the bill comes...or, if it is announced at the meeting on December 10th.

Thanks everyone for clarification. You’re right, since I purchased in the first quarter of this year my dues were less than 8.3/pt when adding up what I will pay this year. I hope we get a credit. That would be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter