Riviera Information - Restaurants, Transportation and Reservations

Based on the purchasing thread, it sounds you choice will be made, as the 1st reservations will check in December 2019.

I still think you will have a decent shot at getting a new resort in active sales in its 1st year (the period where DVC adds inventory before the points are sold)

Thank you.
Still a good chance we will be there the beginning of January and may just have to book if available although the pickings will be slim since I'm not going to book until 7 months and begin my ressie the first week of January but I'll see what's available.

Same here. I won’t be doing any split stays anymore unless this gets figured out. It’s not worth the headache.
I love split stays and always do for 3+ trips a year. They are now becoming VERY aggravating and impossible when booking ADR's and FP's. This morning was ADR day for a Sept trip and it was a total nightmare. If I call DVC Member Services to book as I did for FP's for May, once they book for you, you cannot change it yourself. VERY annoying. They promised this would be resolved and it sure isn't Can't believe this is still happening.

I was hoping it would be open earlier than the 12/16/19 that Disney published for cash reservations so we could try it out earlier in December. Oh well, I think I mostly wanted to ride those gondolas and those should be open well before 12/16. :)

You really didn't think it was going to be a **bargain**, right?

It's beautiful. People are going to love it. It's going to sell like gangbusters.

I guess it's better them than us! I am just glad we got the points early on and we can keep using them to stay in these news resorts without have to pay those prices and dues.

Anyone else do the preview and have pictures they can post? I’ve seen a couple of YouTube videos of studio and one bedroom units but I’d like to see a two bedroom. I know DVC will post official photos soon but I’m impatient!

Anyone else do the preview and have pictures they can post? I’ve seen a couple of YouTube videos of studio and one bedroom units but I’d like to see a two bedroom. I know DVC will post official photos soon but I’m impatient!
They only ever build a 2 bedroom locked off model.

The studio, 1 and 2 bedroom probably similar to the others resorts in the past, but what I am more interested to see is the tower studio. Since we never had those before in any DVC resorts.

The studio, 1 and 2 bedroom probably similar to the others resorts in the past, but what I am more interested to see is the tower studio. Since we never had those before in any DVC resorts.

I cannot image DVC would never build a model for only 24 tower studios. It appears there are 148 2BR lockoffs and another another 90 dedicated 2BRs at the Riviera, building a model of the lockoff 2BR just gives potential buyers more views of different room types--a studio, a 1BR and a 2BR lockoff. And the 2BR lockoff looks similar to a dedicated two bedroom in all the rooms except for the 2nd bedroom.

We all would like to see a Tower studio but will have to see it later when either someone stays in one or if DVC starts doing room tours at the Resort after it opens in December.

How/when can we start booking this resort? Do they have to sell a certain percentage of membership points before they can make it available to non-owners (DVC owners of other DVC resorts). When can they start selling cash rooms?

How/when can we start booking this resort? Do they have to sell a certain percentage of membership points before they can make it available to non-owners (DVC owners of other DVC resorts). When can they start selling cash rooms?
You can start 7 months out as for every other resort. So it opens 12/16 so for starting on 12/16 you can book on 5/16.

Those buying there can book 4/10 I believe.

You can book on cash there now for dates starting December 16 IIRC.

Has anyone been able to find information on the square footage of the Riviera rooms? I know the capacity they sleep, but I'm just curious how the rooms compare size-wise to say Grand Floridian. The points needed to stay at Riviera are pretty similar to Grand Floridian or Polynesian for a studio.

Has anyone been able to find information on the square footage of the Riviera rooms? I know the capacity they sleep, but I'm just curious how the rooms compare size-wise to say Grand Floridian. The points needed to stay at Riviera are pretty similar to Grand Floridian or Polynesian for a studio.
Here is a post I made about the sizes. These are the official sizes reported by Disney. I’ll post the actual floorplans that list the sizes in a bit.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/riviera-pricing-released.3741699/page-8#post-60432738

Some from last week.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I hadn’t seen this mentioned so I wanted to point out that on a tour I notice two important distinctions.

1. The pull down bed under the TV in the one bedroom and two bedroom living room is a FULL size twin bed! The pull down in the studio is the same as ones already in place at other resorts.
2. The Murphy beds have a different mattress than the real queen bed. It’s roughly half the thickness. This is different then the Murphy beds they installed at Pop Century we used last year that had identical mattresses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter