Rivers of Light...yes? No?

Is a FP a good idea? Going just before spring break. I could use that FP elsewhere, if not needed.

i already have a rez for tiffins at 7:30 but i just realized that maybe the dining package would be better as then we'd get better seating for ROL.
but i don't see the dining package offered when i look for new reservations - can't they just give me the dining package since i already have the dinner rez? anyone ever successfully switch over from a regular dining rez to a dining package rez?

Although I really enjoyed it, it's not something that I feel I need to see again. For our next trip, we'll probably spend the day at AK, then hop over to see HEA at night.

We waited so long for it to open and I think because of that, it didn't blow me away. However, it was pretty, and I think it is worthwhile to see it once. With the wait and the actual show, it was only about an hour. We had a package, but I saw people being seated 10 minutes before show starting on the opposite side of us. I think they opened FP to standby. I would arrive 30 minutes in advance just to be safe.

So it sounds like at this point, unless it's a really busy day at the park, standby waits aren't too bad and/or same day FP should be doable?

My older son really wants to see it and the 7:15 start time makes it more doable for us than some of the other evening shows with our little one (we'll probably still do HEA, but Illuminations is too late at night for us right now). I have a dining package booked at TH for a late breakfast right now, but we actually weren't very interested in doing a TS restaurant that day so if getting in without the package won't be bad I might cancel that. Gives us more time to stand in line for FOP. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts