Rivers of light vs in line for FOP at end of day

mthds

Mouseketeer
If we are unable to get fast pass for FOP. Is FOP worth it to miss River of life to be in line for FOP just before park closing time, which is same time as River of Life?

I have teen age boys. They would prefer the ride. I figured end of day would be about as long of wait as any other time. But we would have done everything else by that time

I love rivers of light! Maybe I’m clueless because I haven’t done FoP yet but I wouldn’t miss it. If you don’t get FP reservations on the 60/30 day mark then check in park, there are normally many availabilities

You’ll find the shortest line of the day just before closing time. Last June, we only waited 17 minutes just before 10:30 pm. The posted wait was 110 minutes.

Just keep in mind that the posted waits are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders.

We enjoyed RoL but LOVED FoP. If you don't get a FP, though, keep checking- we planned our trip 8 days out and ended up gettin a same day FP for FoP so we got to do both!

RoL was one and done for us. It was OK, but not great.
I would definitely skip RoL to do FoP.
I do want to see RoL again now that they have changed it to see if its improved or more of the same.
Also keep checking as FPs for FoP do become available, even day of.

Another thing worth pointing out - Rivers of Light is often performed twice each evening. For example, RoL is at 9 and 10 pm tonight with park closing at 10 pm. You could do both if you go to the early performance then you would have plenty of time to stroll over to FoP. You would think a lot of guests would have this same strategy but they really don't for some reason. The vast majority head straight to the exits after the show.

On our most recent visit, the early performance of RoL appeared to be completely full so plan to arrive early or have a FP. We went to the late show on the same evening and the amphitheater was only about a third full. We wandered in right at showtime and still found great seats.

FOP is one of greatest theme park experiences ever created while ROL has mixed reviews. I know what I'd do.

I’d vote for slipping in line for FoP at park close. FoP should not be skipped, whereas RoL is easy to pass on (in my opinion).

Edited: I was mistaking Rivers of Light for Na'vi River Journey. It's been a long day.

FoP, on the other hand, might be WDW's best ride. I'm ruined for Soarin' now...FoP was described to us as Soarin' on steroids. Perfect description...it was amazing.

We have done ROL one time, and one time only for a reason....didn't enjoy it at all. I could appreciate elements of it, but it just wasn't for us.

Hands down, would pick FoP over ROL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter