Rivers of Light or HEA?

aimes0105

Mouseketeer
I haven't had many chances in recent trips to see nighttime entertainment due to having young kids and going at times with late hours. I am going down for work soon and fitting in some solo park time. I have MNSSHP tickets so will see that fireworks show, I have an Epcot night planned already, and I saw fantasmic my last trip. That leaves me one more night to see either HEA or Rivers of Light and I haven't seen either before. Realizing I'm already seeing one MK fireworks show this trip, which would you do?

Personally, I’d choose HEA. The show is different than what you’ll see at the party. But if you are looking for a change of atmosphere all together, then it might be nice to check out ROL. If you don’t mind not being surprised, I recommend checking out videos on YouTube! Hopefully they will help make your decision a little bit easier! Good luck deciding!

I'd say Rivers of Light. I adore HEA, but if you're already seeing one MK fireworks/projection spectacular, I think RoL would give you something completely different to enjoy. RoL is a much quieter, more serene show, but we saw it for the first time this past summer and were pleasantly surprised. I hope it sticks around. IllumiNations was the nighttime show that stole my heart and always gave me "the feels", and RoL might be taking over that spot now that IllumiNations is leaving (sniff).

All of that said, HEA is absolutely amazing to behold too.

It's hard to go wrong with any of Disney's nighttime shows.

Happily ever after is incredible. I would see that 3 times before watching Rivers of Light.

Alternative: If you have a free night that you're not going into the parks, you can watch happily ever after from one of the resorts or TTC. You won't get the full experience with the projections but it's an alternative.

HEA for us. RoL was the biggest disappointment ever however I appreciate that is our personal opinion and may not be what others think. The music was poor. Just not up to Disney standards.

Mrs TT

I'm going to the MVMCP and I'll be seeing the Holiday fireworks in place of HEA as I have seen the latter several times. That said, I would probably still choose HEA if I hadn't seen it yet just so I could compare the two fireworks shows and understand what I could have missed in either context (Yes, the FOMO is strong with this one).

Also, I hear RoL: We Are One I hear is better than its previous incarnation but also still not as good as the other nighttime shows around Disney.

Maybe my family was just tired the day we saw it, but I didn't really think ROL lived up to the hype. So show against show, I'd probably choose HEA.

I love ROL, but HEA is far and away my favorite attraction at WDW right now. You really can't go wrong with either, but HEA will always get my vote.

HEA. I saw both for the first time on my last trip. I absolutely loved HEA and saw it three times. ROL was pretty, but I thought it was kind of boring. Next trip I'm planning on seeing HEA at least three times, and I'm probably not seeing ROL at all.

HEA. Love the fireworks and castle projections.
ROL was a one and done. Except we will go this fall as it has been slightly redone since we last saw it.

HEA. I loved the old version of ROL the new one with the actors cut is just meh in my opinion.

Happily Ever After.

Rivers of Light is not listed as a "nighttime spectacular" by Disney; I believe it is considered a "show." I enjoy it, but Happily Ever After is in another league.

HEA. I loved the old version of ROL the new one with the actors cut is just meh in my opinion.

I agree. I enjoyed the prior version better. I missed pre-show walking around with the lights, as well as the silhouettes of the actors on the sails. I also feel like the intent of the prior version was to be introspective and reflective on our impact on nature and the world. Now it just feels like a disjointed medley of animal photos and random Disney music.

Thanks everyone! I am still tempted to check out ROL especially because hearing about it I think it's likely I would enjoy it. But I've heard such great things about HEA I do feel compelled to see it more since I have to choose this time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter