RIVERS OF LIGHT DINING PACKAGES

Finally got a TH ROL pkg for 11/30 @ 3:10! Would still love a 10:30/10:45 breakfast, but hey, I'll take it! Considering there was only one reservation showing only minutes after they were released, I think I'm pretty lucky! So keep the faith that things will show up.
P.S. 3:30 is the latest reservation you can have right now for a ROL dining package.

Still searching for lunch, any time, from 12/12 to 12/18.
Lots of times for Tiffins, not one for TH. I have one reservation for 12/21, but I'd like to be done with RoL earlier in our trip. The only opening I've seen was on 12/17, but we're going to MVMCP that evening, my luck...

Sent you a PM

As I supposed, the problem is that they took so long to announce the packages that all of us booked in advance! :)
I got a package thanks to a kind member of these boards, and when I went to cancel my previous reservation without RoL package, it showed up both as a regular reservation and as a package...
So if you're really desperate to get a package, it takes a leap of faith: cancel your previous booking and search for the package at the same time, it works!
Good luck!

As I supposed, the problem is that they took so long to announce the packages that all of us booked in advance! :)
I got a package thanks to a kind member of these boards, and when I went to cancel my previous reservation without RoL package, it showed up both as a regular reservation and as a package...
So if you're really desperate to get a package, it takes a leap of faith: cancel your previous booking and search for the package at the same time, it works!
Good luck!
I can confirm this!! However! I had a non rol TH meal for 6. I dropped it, and there was only a package for 4. The other 2 did not go back into the system. :scared1:I checked for about and hour constantly refreshing and gave up. I put my search for 2 in touring plans and it dinged a little after midnight. I have heard that adrs either go right back into the system or not at all. This definitely went back in about 9 hours later. It's a gamble in my opinion. But, I do now have my breakfast rol package for 2 and 4 at the same time. My parents will eat at a different table, and it's probably best for them to have a little break from us!:p

Last edited:
I can confirm this!! However! I had a non rol package for 6. I dropped it, and there was only a package for 4. The other 2 did not go back into the system. :scared1:I checked for about and hour constantly refreshing and gave up. I put my search for 2 in touring plans and it dinged a little after midnight. I have heard that adrs either go right back into the system or not at all. This definitely went back in about 9 hours later. It's a gamble in my opinion. But, I do now have my breakfast rol package for 2 and 4 at the same time. My parents will eat at a different table, and it's probably best for them to have a little break from us!:p

I'm sure that was probably the ADR I missed. I got a message little after midnight from TP, I was already in bed a sleep and missed it. l'm now keeping my phone next to my bed and hopefully I'll hear it.

I'm sure that was probably the ADR I missed. I got a message little after midnight from TP, I was already in bed a sleep and missed it. l'm now keeping my phone next to my bed and hopefully I'll hear it.
Yes very likely if it was breakfast for 2 for TH For 12/4. I am glad that I was able to get it back and exchange this non package to rol package in the end. But I don't think it was worth the "stress." I really did not think it would go back in the system after 8 or 9 hours. If someone is not dead set on going, then I'd take the risk and try dropping and switching....it does work (in a way.), but otherwise, I'd just take the meal and fp it...OR you may always be able to pick up a package reservation! Just keep your touring plans finder searching for what you want!

Last edited:

Good luck!
I'm afraid to try it. I really want an am TH ROL package. I have an 8:20 am package for 4 since my 180 day bookings and itself was hard to get. It's a scary feeling.

That stinks! I had 10:40 dining only at TH breakfast - dropped it, searched and it was there with ROL package - I clicked on it to reserve and it was gone! Someone else got it. Guess I should never go to Vegas. Bleh!

That stinks! I had 10:40 dining only at TH breakfast - dropped it, searched and it was there with ROL package - I clicked on it to reserve and it was gone! Someone else got it. Guess I should never go to Vegas. Bleh!

So sorry this happened to you! I don't understand why (if the reservation automatically goes back into the "pool") a CM can't change this over to an ROL package. You would think they could do something on their end..

So sorry this happened to you! I don't understand why (if the reservation automatically goes back into the "pool") a CM can't change this over to an ROL package. You would think they could do something on their end..

Thanks. I'm really glad it worked for some other folks. I should have done it at 1 a.m. instead of mid-morning. Lesson learned.

So after much debate last night I cancelled my PPO TH breakfast (non-ROL) with another window open to search the ROL package and after about 5 minutes of stressful refreshing it never showed up. So I panicked and re-booked my non-ROL package again. Back to square 1. How long does it usually take for it to release as a ROL package? It seems some are suggesting immediately and others hours?

So after much debate last night I cancelled my PPO TH breakfast (non-ROL) with another window open to search the ROL package and after about 5 minutes of stressful refreshing it never showed up. So I panicked and re-booked my non-ROL package again. Back to square 1. How long does it usually take for it to release as a ROL package? It seems some are suggesting immediately and others hours?
I wish I could answer this. :( But, I do know how frustrating it is. I don't know if anyone really knows the answer. I tested making a reservation several times from a non rol package...dropping it...and then adding it back as an rol package...i tested it maybe 3 times, all with a party of 2,4 6. It worked every time. Then, as I mentioned earlier, I dropped my 6 and only 4 were released. I have heard things like...it goes right back into the system (have seen) ; it goes back in at midnight (which is what happened to my missing 2 top); I've heard it goes back after 10-15 min. (which I have also seen)...and I have heard that it does not go back in at all. I do not know why this would happen...but I have heard from other posters that sometimes Disney overbooks a restaurant and they make up the difference when people cancel their adrs. That would make sense, but it doesn't help here. I wish I could help :( Others will likely have more ideas

Actually, I re-read your post.....so, you dropped your non rol breakfast, and it did not show up under the rol dining page? but it DID show back up under the regular meal? That is odd. Whenever I tested it, it always showed up back in both. Actually when touring plans dinged that they found it, I went on to my computer and clicked on the package page, because tp only finds the reguar non package meal. ...but they were both available...
I know you may not want to try again. It's frustrating....but, I know that I was nervous when I was dropping and adding mine back. So, I apologize for asking this, but is it possible you may not have switched the calendar to your date when you went back in to add? or maybe something wasn't selected right? I only ask because this has happened to me many times, and especially at a time when you're gambling here :) it's more likely (for me) to happen...

Actually, I re-read your post.....so, you dropped your non rol breakfast, and it did not show up under the rol dining page? but it DID show back up under the regular meal? That is odd. Whenever I tested it, it always showed up back in both. Actually when touring plans dinged that they found it, I went on to my computer and clicked on the package page, because tp only finds the reguar non package meal. ...but they were both available...
I know you may not want to try again. It's frustrating....but, I know that I was nervous when I was dropping and adding mine back. So, I apologize for asking this, but is it possible you may not have switched the calendar to your date when you went back in to add? or maybe something wasn't selected right? I only ask because this has happened to me many times, and especially at a time when you're gambling here :) it's more likely (for me) to happen...

Glad you didn't lose the dining reservation, though!

I wish I could answer this. :( But, I do know how frustrating it is. I don't know if anyone really knows the answer. I tested making a reservation several times from a non rol package...dropping it...and then adding it back as an rol package...i tested it maybe 3 times, all with a party of 2,4 6. It worked every time. Then, as I mentioned earlier, I dropped my 6 and only 4 were released. I have heard things like...it goes right back into the system (have seen) ; it goes back in at midnight (which is what happened to my missing 2 top); I've heard it goes back after 10-15 min. (which I have also seen)...and I have heard that it does not go back in at all. I do not know why this would happen...but I have heard from other posters that sometimes Disney overbooks a restaurant and they make up the difference when people cancel their adrs. That would make sense, but it doesn't help here. I wish I could help :( Others will likely have more ideas

Glad it worked for you. In the past and currently for other dining packages (CP, F!, etc) non-dining packages and dining packages are separate and cannot be modified. I know a few posted that they could, and Disney website is glitchy at best and more so since the weekend. Also, there are limited numbers of ROL Dining Packages (November & December) due to demand. I wouldn't chance it. I canceled my regular ADR and it did not show up as ROL. However, I was just checking, not trying to get as ROL; breakfast ROL became available so I needed to cancel my lunch ROL. Just my 2 cents. Get those ADRs!

In my case, it was inmmediately there. I cancelled, went to the RoL package page, searched for time and date and it was available (10 minutes before that, there was nothing, that's how I know it was the same one, even with minutes, 12:35)

Wow - the reservation to ROL package with 10:40 a.m. TH breakfast disappeared before my eyes this morning (after I canceled my breakfast only)... and just now (a little over an hour later) it was back, and I got it! Feeling very thankful and happy. :yay:

I'm so happy for you! I have to admit I was feeling guilty because I was the one who said that worked for me... :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!