Rivers of Light Dessert Party - Begins 8/11/18

That would be just rude of Disney if that happened!!!
And..... also horrible..... does this leave like NO WHERE for stand-by people to sit?????
Our day is full and to try and fit in a table service meal or this dessert party is too much. We are totally planning stand-by.

My assumption is that they will not change any of the seating.
I figure that there are never enough guests who buy the Dining Pkg. to fill the Dining Pkg. section, now.
So they would just include the Dessert Pkg. guests into that same Dining Pkg. area.
(BTW, that's what they do with the new Fantasmic! Dessert deal at DHS.)

Based on reactions I have seen various places this is a bigger flop than the $150 Minnie Van to the airport!

The breakfast at Tusker House is almost half the price! That is what I have booked.

You'll like that. Tukser is the best breakfast on property in my book!

That said, I have no problem with the desert party. I like RoL and I felt that the Star Wars desert party was well worth it. So, you know, people should do what's right for them.

Oh, never mind.

Have fun!

Last edited:
You'll like that. Tukser is the best breakfast on property in my book!

That said, I have no problem with the desert party. I like RoL and I felt that the Star Wars desert party was well worth it. So, you know, people should do what's right for them.

We did the Star Wars Desert Party on our last visit and thought it was not worth the $$$.

I've yet to see this show and really want to on our December trip but now I'm wondering that they may eliminate FP for it.

As it stands, AK, who have no experience putting on night time show dessert parties, will be putting on this party, not the events group. And unlike the parties at Epcot and DHS, the cancellation policy is five days not 24 hours.

They're charging the same price as the FEA and SW dessert parties, but the dessert and drink selection does not appear to be comparable to what's offered at those parties. MDE mentions "savory snacks" but the actual menu does not. Beer and wine are not listed, just "specialty alcoholic beverages" which includes sparkling wine. Also missing are any value added items such as a ride on a tier one attraction, a meet & greet or souvenirs.

It appears that the format will resemble the original "Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party" which had similar F&B offerings and used high top tables without seating. The party will take place three nights a week.

Did anyone attend the ROL dessert party yet? reviews? Thoughts of it being extended past Nov. 3?

I’ve read some reviews and they all seem to be positive and I’d actually be interested in trying this. Of course, my only possible date, 10/6, is sold out.

It looks like there are some benches in the area. Anyone who has been there, can you verify?

We like the Dessert Parties where you sit down.

It looks like there are some benches in the area. Anyone who has been there, can you verify?

the benches on top were for w/c before this dessert party offerings, also if you don't mind going up and down stairs you can just sit on the seating for the actual show, just once the show starts the ask everyone to stay where they are at, be it sitting in the reserved area provided or staying on top. TBH this is my favorite spot to watch RoL, the reason I would get a fp early on when I wanted to see the show, so it is the best seat in the house. Now with fp you will have to chose from the remaining sections, not horrible views but not the best. I am seriously consider doing this party for research purposes :)

I've been looking closely at this very issue because I booked the party (9/6), but am unable to stand in one place for long periods of time due to back issues. From everything I've seen, there are not chairs available in the desert party area. They have those small high top tables. But, it looks like Desert Party guests have reserved seating on the stone benches so you would be able to go sit down there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter