Rivers of Light Dessert Party - Begins 8/11/18

I don't see anyone going to this party. The whole point of dessert parties for the most part is to get a good spot. You'll get one with FOP or Standby

Disney finally found something I won't spend my money on. Add some FP to it though and then we're talking.

I am spending my money on the Tiffins ROL package though.

Disney finally found something I won't spend my money on. Add some FP to it though and then we're talking.

I am spending my money on the Tiffins ROL package though.

Thats more for the food at tiffins though, lets be honest ... ROL is a bonus

Thats more for the food at tiffins though, lets be honest ... ROL is a bonus

Without a doubt! But, I booked the package because I think for us, it will come out to cheaper than doing Tiffins stand alone. So the cost + ROL was awesome. Which is why this is so surprising - there's almost no benefit to booking this.

I will be pretty annoyed if this means the dining package guests are booted back to a not good view though :(

Never done ROL before but we are on the DDP so excited to get "free" with our planned Tusker House lunch.

I don't see anyone going to this party. The whole point of dessert parties for the most part is to get a good spot. You'll get one with FOP or Standby

That may be true for the HEA party, but I can assure you that many, many people do it for other reasons at the SW, FEA and JBJB parties.

I agree. We've done the SW party when the viewing was at the "old" location (which was perfect, IMO) and again at the "new" viewing where it is too close and less than ideal. However, because we LOVE the SW party we did it again with the less than perfect view. We would possibly do it again because we like the whole atmosphere. I will say that that I still miss the Jawas though!

We love Tiffins, so the ROL ticket is just a bonus that we may or may not use.

I really like this show, I know I am in the minority. I do not like Fantasmic, again in the minority.

Even though I really like this show, I would not pay for the Dessert party. As others mentioned and what is important to us is the reserved seating with out fighting crowds. I can get a good seat with the dining package.

You can get a good seat without the dining package and without fighting the crowds.
Especially if there are two shows. Heck last august we were running late, CM saw that we went to wrong entrance (went to fast pass side instead of standby) and let us in anyway. still LOTS of seats at first show.

Especially if there are two shows. Heck last august we were running late, CM saw that we went to wrong entrance (went to fast pass side instead of standby) and let us in anyway. still LOTS of seats at first show.

That's "normal" for all of the evening shows as the start-time gets near.

If the FP or Dining sections are not full nearer to show-time, the CMs will
open those areas to any waiting guests.
That's why it is important to arrive early to all shows even with a FP or Dining Pkg.

Last edited:
Perhaps they'll introduce an option where, for an extra $15 per person, you can enjoy dessert and then NOT have to watch RoL.

Really though, as someone who has done other dessert parties multiple times, I don't see anything here (like those) where I could kinda, sorta convince myself that it's worth it. I'll continue to enjoy RoL where I always have - going up EE's lift hill.

After all the good rationale given here, the only market I really see is first-timers, or as I imagine promotion-seeking Disney managers calling them--"the ones who don't know any better." You know, the same ones who book their FP for Small World, Philharmagic, and Carousel of Progress. *sigh* It's changed so much in just the ten years we've been going.

After all the good rationale given here, the only market I really see is first-timers, or as I imagine promotion-seeking Disney managers calling them--"the ones who don't know any better." You know, the same ones who book their FP for Small World, Philharmagic, and Carousel of Progress. *sigh* It's changed so much in just the ten years we've been going.

I know the point you are making,
but to avoid as much confusion as possible...
there are no FPs that can be booked for Carousel of Progress.

;)

I think I have this thing figured out.

RoL is so unpopular that they will try a "reverse play" to get more guests to watch it:

Charge them so MUCH for the "Dessert Party" that guests who buy that "Party" don't dare skip the show!!

;)

I will be pretty annoyed if this means the dining package guests are booted back to a not good view though :(

Never done ROL before but we are on the DDP so excited to get "free" with our planned Tusker House lunch.
That would be just rude of Disney if that happened!!!
And..... also horrible..... does this leave like NO WHERE for stand-by people to sit?????
Our day is full and to try and fit in a table service meal or this dessert party is too much. We are totally planning stand-by.

RoL is so unpopular that they will try a "reverse play" to get more guests to watch it:

Charge them so MUCH for the "Dessert Party" that guests who buy that "Party" don't dare skip the show!!

We still have the passes to the show from last August...we chose to stay in Pandora instead of watching ROL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter