River of Lights

pskorf

Mouseketeer
We have a trip planned for January 2019 and have not been back to WDW since they have evening hours at AK. We would like to see the new River of Lights. On the map it appears that there is seating for this show. Do you need to sit there to see the show or are there other places to view it? Do you need Fastpass reservations to get the seating?

Last summer I went and as far as I remember you do need to enter the theater and sit down to see the show. As it is in the lake all surrounded of trees, I'm not sure you can see it well from any other place.

I was able to get a FP for it like 2 hours prior to the show so it was not that difficult to get. It works a little bit like Fantasmic, you can get in the general line and get in, get fastpass for it or have the Dessert Party. I would go for general line or FP for this one, but DO NOT USE ONE OF YOUR 3 FP here, just check it out once you've used all the fastpasses you wanted. :)

They also have dining packages. We were going to have breakfast at Tusker House anyway so I just did it as a ROL dining package. The reviews for ROL were mixed in my family. I really liked it and thought it was beautiful, DD(12) did not like it at all (said it was the boring, extremely scaled down mini unimpressive version of DLR's World of Color which she loves), and DH slept through it.

It is a nice show, it's cool that they don't use fireworks to dont disturb the animals more. However, it is not the best nightime show on property, that's also true. But it is beautiful and if you're spending a full day at AK, then it is a very nice way to end it (at least if you're an Adult, as it is less mesmerizing fo children and they might get a little bit bored in some parts).

We did the Dining Package at tusker House. They do charge you more than the regular buffet. We did not think it was worth it...found the show to be very boring and would not do it again, but I would probably have to have decided it for myself.

I would not waste a fastpass on this, but would do the dining package. The seating is good, and if you've never seen it, it's worth a try.

There were a lot of things at AK that we thought 'One and done'-River of Lights, Navii River Journey and the new Up Bird Show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter