RIV Waitlist

I have a wait list since June, got one night in a tower and was hoping that they would release more rooms. It’s for one night in March. I think they are content renting out rooms for cash, rather than putting more in DVC service.

I have 2 nights in June in a prefer view studio waitlisted. Only been about a week. Also have AKV club level studio waitlisted for like 10 days. I am expecting the Riv to come through. Probably the next time they declare inventory.

I wonder when that will be?
Should be soon. They declared around Nov last time. And I looked at CCV declarations and found an article where they had declared in Nov 2018 the article mentioned they expected the last declaration, for CCV, to be early Jan 2019. Now I will go see if I can find when that actually happened. And Riv supposedly sold more points in Nov and Dec 2019 than CCV did in 2018. I will research more...

CCV- 7th declaration was Nov 2018 and Dec 17, 2018 was the 8th declaration. Final declaration March 13, 2019

Riv had 2nd declaration Oct 4, 2019

I am reading, though, that some folks are guessing that the inventory is going to cash resies and not into DVC availability. They didn't see much open up with the Oct declaration. Oddly, I am also reading that Riv had the best Dec sales than other new resorts yet they did not declare more like CCV did a year prior.

Last edited:
Should be soon. They declared around Nov last time. And I looked at CCV declarations and found an article where they had declared in Nov 2018 the article mentioned they expected the last declaration, for CCV, to be early Jan 2019. Now I will go see if I can find when that actually happened. And Riv supposedly sold more points in Nov and Dec 2019 than CCV did in 2018. I will research more...

Ive been trying to find out myself. I have a long shot waitlist for March I just put in but hoping a declaration would help!

Dec 17, 2018 was the 8th declaration for CCV. Final declaration March 13, 2019

Riv had 2nd declaration Oct 4, 2019

I am reading, though, that some folks are guessing that the inventory is going to cash resies and not into DVC availability. They didn't see much open up with the Oct declaration. Oddly, I am also reading that Riv had the best Dec sales than other new resorts yet they did not declare more like CCV did a year prior.
The declarations made at CCV were much smaller each time than those made at Riviera (in terms of % of the points and the magnitude of points). So declarations were happening quickly there, but they also probably were hoping for slow sales at CCV towards the end to delay selling Riviera (which I suspect went onsale before they wanted). They have declared nearly 30% of the points into DVC but sold about 13.3%. My guess is perhaps sometime in February or March a declaration happens.

I will note that the last Declaration for Riviera you reference they didn't backfill any availability in the RAT (i.e. no Summer or Spring 2020 availability opened up). They seem to have kept those rooms booked on the cash side which they can do (unless sales were tremendously strong). They likely held the rooms too for Welcome Home bookings. Personally I'm hoping for a declaration in April and they backfill rooms like they did for CCV so I can switch my Thanksgiving stay to Riviera for the first part.

Thanks, crvetter. I am hoping for a Feb/March declaration and my WL coming through for June.

I think, fingers crossed, I may be getting my WL. I put in for 2 nights in a preferred view studio and just now I see that unit has availability the day prior and 2 days after my 2 days. My 2 days showing not available and I suspect are being held to fill my WL. This happened the last time I had a WL come through at AKV 3BR Jambo for 2 nights (saw the days around my 2 days open but my 2 days not open and like a day later I got my WL notification).

I think, fingers crossed, I may be getting my WL. I put in for 2 nights in a preferred view studio and just now I see that unit has availability the day prior and 2 days after my 2 days. My 2 days showing not available and I suspect are being held to fill my WL. This happened the last time I had a WL come through at AKV 3BR Jambo for 2 nights (saw the days around my 2 days open but my 2 days not open and like a day later I got my WL notification).
Well, nevermind. Guess not. Still have an unfilled WL. :(
Edit to add: though in looking back at old thread where I discussed the AKV 3BR Jambo we had wait listed, it took 4 days for them to process. So there is still a possibility. And this was a holiday weekend. I am still thinking it's matched. Maybe I will call in to see.

Last edited:
On hold now but they say the wait is 35 mins :crazy2:

You can check the waitlist via chat too. They may or may not finalize though depending on the CM. And some will be cryptic - ie just tell you that you should will be happy and should call.

You can check the waitlist via chat too. They may or may not finalize though depending on the CM. And some will be cryptic - ie just tell you that you should will be happy and should call.
I am holding on speaker and doing other stuff, lol. It's been 30 mins.
now 37 mins and counting...

Last edited:
Yes, it matched. She now is having trouble processing, asked me to borrow points but it was to replace a resie for same exact points. She put me on hold.

Edit to add: she got it sorted out. Woo hoo. Still have AKV club level WL for that same time to replace the RR resie if it matches. Will see but not expecting it.

Last edited:
Has anyone's RIV waitlist request come through?
I had extremely high hopes for this past December, but no. I was on @7am the very first day non-RIV owners could book there. I requested a tower for 2 nights and someone snagged it before me, so I waitlisted immediately. I figured between my waitlist being at/near the top, people potentially walking, & new inventory being declared later, it would be a cinch! It absolutely never came through. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed my “backup” res at AKV Jambo House 🥰

I've been following the RIV bookings since I would like to book a week there in September. September 12-19.
My full week is available, as of today, with the exception of Tuesday, September 15. That date seems to be gone at a lot of resorts. Is it a MM date? If it was available for the full week, with exception of that one day, would you guys chance it and WL it and hope it comes through? It is for Deluxe Studio - Preferred View.

I have other options of studios and one bedrooms I could book too (not at RIV since also do a GV in November) but if I could get it, I would love to try it there.

Thanks.

My full week is available, as of today, with the exception of Tuesday, September 15. That date seems to be gone at a lot of resorts. Is it a MM date?
Sept 15 & 22, and 10/6 are MM nights at DHS. availability is already pretty limited for those nights.

Sept 15 & 22, and 10/6 are MM nights at DHS. availability is already pretty limited for those nights.

Thank you.
So, I will try to get us into the MM for September 15, wherever that may be, need to look.
However, that does not work well if I was going to do a WL since I will really need to stalk to get that day.
I'll book wherever I have the full week and then just keep watching to see if it opens up and modify.
I'm an expert stalker LOL but don't want the stress this time around, which is usually what I do, book, modify and
stalk LOL

Thanks so much for clearing up that date for me.

Thank you.
So, I will try to get us into the MM for September 15, wherever that may be, need to look.
However, that does not work well if I was going to do a WL since I will really need to stalk to get that day.
I'll book wherever I have the full week and then just keep watching to see if it opens up and modify.
I'm an expert stalker LOL but don't want the stress this time around, which is usually what I do, book, modify and
stalk LOL

Thanks so much for clearing up that date for me.
You could book a split stay. Like the 12-15 at Riv and then the 15-19 at another resort with availability and then wait list that at Riv. But you might end up with a split stay. (could also book 12-16 at other resort and 16-19 at Riv and then wait list the 12-16 at Riv) I would do this, book a split and WL. Shorter (like 1-4 nights) WL have better chances to come through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter