Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

Did I understand correctly that Finn can be seen hiding in the AT-AT storage bay? The colossal size of the AT-ATs commanded all of my attention, so I didn't really look around much. But I have been on both the 'front of the AT-AT' and 'side of the AT-AT' experiences. Is there one particular moment and location for each of those where Finn can be seen?

Yep, two different Finn animatronics, one standing, one not- you see just one of them per ride. You see standing if you go in front I believe. I’ve only seen that one once, I don’t remember exactly when you see him. The other Finn you see as you’re escaping I think. If I’m remembering correctly, the vehicle faces him, if you’re looking straight ahead you won’t miss him.

Yep, two different Finn animatronics, one standing, one not- you see just one of them per ride. You see standing if you go in front I believe. I’ve only seen that one once, I don’t remember exactly when you see him. The other Finn you see as you’re escaping I think. If I’m remembering correctly, the vehicle faces him, if you’re looking straight ahead you won’t miss him.

Both Finns are when you back into the elevator in the AT-AT room. When you are facing the AT-AT, the Finn is to the left leaning against the wall in a doorway. When you are to the side, he is to the right sitting on the floor behind a box.

How often are they having issues with the transport and skipping that room? I was watching a video where the person was making it seem like its happening all the time and Disney is ruining peoples vacations by allowing it. I thought it was one day for a short time period.

My very first ride on January 10 had the transport down. We were walked directly into the Stormtrooper bay and told our escape attempt had failed. Since it was my first ride, this was a bit confusing since we had not had any backstory. I knew there was a transport so I was aware that something was missing, but I did not realize how much and what a difference it makes until I rode the second time with the whole experience working. It is soooo much better with the mission explained. We still enjoyed the elements of the ride that we got on our first partial ride, but it would have been a lot better to have had the whole thing working. I probably would have spoken to guest services about getting a fastpass had I known how much we missed on our first ride. It was about a third of the ride that was skipped. The preshow room where the mission is explained, the outdoor bay and the transport were all skipped. Instead you were suddenly on an enemy ship, not even knowing how you got there or why. I think when that much is missed they should offer another ride at a later time. I only wish I had known at the time that it was not "fully operational". I was quite disappointed after the fact. (Don't get me wrong, I was not disappointed with the whole ride, LOVED IT! I was just disappointed with not getting the whole ride the first time.)

Last edited:

Our review of the ride:

Me- I loved it. It was awesome and well done. My favorite part were the first order CM's and how well they stayed in character. The ride was very smooth, no jerking.

My friend- She liked it too, but she felt like it was little too long and dragged out. Also, she is more attached to the original star wars movies, not the newer ones. She isn't a big fan of Kylo Ren as a villain.

Did the transport operate at all yesterday?

Attempting to ride this morning (my second time), but with two others who have never done it. It will be very disappointing if only half the ride is working.

Has Kylo’s saber always come through the ceiling? I don’t remember that happening at Christmas or on Monday but it did both times I got to ride today.

Has Kylo’s saber always come through the ceiling? I don’t remember that happening at Christmas or on Monday but it did both times I got to ride today.
there's so much to look at that it's easy to miss things :) Glad you got a chance to ride it again

We rode it late on Tuesday afternoon, and the lightsaber did not come through the ceiling. We were disappointed!

We rode it late on Tuesday afternoon, and the lightsaber did not come through the ceiling. We were disappointed!
During my ride on Tuesday the red light wasn't working in the room I went through so it was basically a white blade that came down.

Sorry if this has been asked. Has any tried giving up the location of the rebel base? I told my wife on our second ride that as soon as we were Boarded I wanted to yell Pikara!!! She gave me the stank eye. I was really tempted but didnt want to ruin anything for those around me haha.

The whole queue there are announcements to keep the base secret amd the star destroyer part the CMs say they will get the info. So wondering what happens if you give it to em haha.

I think you should've said something like, "I'll tell you the location as long as you exterminate the rest of the group! I don't need anyone telling the Rebels I was the snitch!"

When we went, the First Order officer was asking the first person in the group what color they were standing on. We were on yellow/gold. He didn't ask us, but I whispered to my daughter to tell him it looks green to her. He also yelled at a kid for leaning on the wall instead of standing on the colored dot and facing forward. I pushed my daughter off the dot, but the officer didn't notice.

Things to do next time...

Over four rides, I can recall only one technical issue. It was today in the interrogation room. General Hux and Kylo Ren were speaking slightly out of sync with the sound coming through the speakers. It wasn't a major lag, but I got an unintended laugh out of it when Kylo Ren was still saying "I'll be back to finish this...personally" and he had already pretty much walked away.

I also got to see both Finns in the AT-AT hangar. I noted that other Resistance infiltrators were there with him, out of view except that you could see a hand firing a weapon at the stormtroopers.

One question about the transport segment: At one point, Nien Nunb appears to suggest something to Lt Bek, who brushes him off with, "The tractor beam is too strong." But Nien is speaking his own alien language. Does anyone know what he said?

Rode for the first time yesterday, and based on descriptions here, I am certain we experienced the full ride. All three ride vehicles as well as scenes. I can definitely say that had we skipped the transport and been taken to the hangar, I would have known something was up. Glad to know we got the full experience. If it had been in some B mode, I would have been speaking to someone with guest services real quick about getting a FP for later. Mainly because we don't know when we will be visiting again.

I just cannot see how the attraction would be as enjoyable if certain parts we cut, not working, or just down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter