Rise of The Resistance Opening?

So many conflicting stories here.

1) It's been ready for weeks but they want to make sure everything is tested and retested.
2) Could be delayed by up to a week.
3) It's ready but parts of it are not quite working as well as others so may be some downtime.
4) It's having major issues.

My vote is for #3. They won't miss the announced date, but anticipate "B mode" operations for the opening. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Just like they did for the Galaxy's Edge opening. Let a certain number in and hold them at Sunset Boulevard while everything fills in behind to the entrance gates. Then advance them to outside the Galaxy's Edge gate while another group comes in. Then open the gates and file people on to ROTR. Then boarding groups (virtual line) will be used on the MDE app for however long it is needed, My hope (selfishly) is that some type of EMH is used after the first weekend.

So, Does anybody know how big the media day is going to be? We have HS planned for us on the December 4th. And I am wondering if ALL of Galaxy's Edge will be closed for the day, part of the day? We have reservations for the Cantina in the afternoon that they haven't cancelled on this.

When opening day comes how do we think they are going to handle the crowds?

If you open up your MDE app u will see the Star Wars information and if u click on it, u will see how they plan on managing the crowds. Their going to limit the amount of guests aloud to enter the park at the same time, it's called boarding groups. Sounds like their going to do 4hr blocks at a time but I'm not %100 about the time. I believe this is also the same method they used in Disneyland and it seemed to work really well. Time will tell for sure.

If you open up your MDE app u will see the Star Wars information and if u click on it, u will see how they plan on managing the crowds. Their going to limit the amount of guests aloud to enter the park at the same time, it's called boarding groups. Sounds like their going to do 4hr blocks at a time but I'm not %100 about the time. I believe this is also the same method they used in Disneyland and it seemed to work really well. Time will tell for sure.
Thanks, I should have said on Media Day.... I am wondering how big Media Day will be.

Yes I remember they had to use that opening day I’m just wondering where is the line to get on the ride going to end at?

Supposedly the queue for RotR can hold a massive amount of people, like 4 hours wait worth f people or something, so I think by just cutting off number of people in the land via the boarding parties will minimize that issue of where the line will go - but I am sure they have a plan for where the extended queue will go in the land

I know for some of the previews at Disneyland for the next ground to come in at times they were separating people that wanted to go first to Savi's or first to Oga's or whatever. So maybe they will have something like that for when you come back for your boarding time - separate people for RotR vs those that just want to get I to rest of land

So, Does anybody know how big the media day is going to be? We have HS planned for us on the December 4th. And I am wondering if ALL of Galaxy's Edge will be closed for the day, part of the day? We have reservations for the Cantina in the afternoon that they haven't cancelled on this.

We really don't have any idea, unfortunately

My guess is that they will just do something in the evening so may r the land closes a bit early that day?

Either that or they do it before park opening and maybe the land winds up opening a bit late? I don't think it will massively impact the bulk of guests for the bulk of the day but we really don't know for sure

We’ll be there that day also with Oga’s reservations. I would hate to lose out if the media descend on the place!

We’ll be there that day also with Oga’s reservations. I would hate to lose out if the media descend on the place!
You would get an email from Disney to change it or something. What time of day is yours? Ours is 1:30. I would think if it was around that time they would change it. But then again, maybe they will just block off part of the area. There is enough space for them to keep traffic moving and do the event.

Maybe we will see someone famous that day!

What time is your reservation for 12/4? Mine for 7:00 was cancelled and moved to Monday (had my choice). SWGE will close at 5:00 for the media event, that's what they told me.
Good to know!!! That is what I wanted to find out! We will be there that day as well. We have 1:30 reservations at the Cantina. So we will be fine if 5:00 is true. Def need get our Galaxy's Edge fill in before 5!

Good to know!!! That is what I wanted to find out! We will be there that day as well. We have 1:30 reservations at the Cantina. So we will be fine if 5:00 is true. Def need get our Galaxy's Edge fill in before 5!

We have a 50's Prime dinner for 5:00, we had planned to go to the Cantina for a drink after. Have a 7:15 for Slinky Dog, trying to move that up to morning/afternoon. I'm concerned how crowded the rest of the park will be with SWGE closing at 5:00.

We have a 50's Prime dinner for 5:00, we had planned to go to the Cantina for a drink after. Have a 7:15 for Slinky Dog, trying to move that up to morning/afternoon. I'm concerned how crowded the rest of the park will be with SWGE closing at 5:00.
I wouldn't think it would be bad. I would imagine that a lot of people would be waiting for the next day (or the weekend) to go to DHS. Your day is rated a 5 on TouringPlans. Next 3 days are 10s

I'm curious on what impact the ROTR will have on the following:
  • Will MF:SR finally get a FastPass+
  • Speaking of FastPass+, what will happen with to the tier system at HS?
  • Will they have a queue system for GE?
  • Will they have early morning hours at HS?
I'll be there in February. Can't wait.

I'm curious on what impact the ROTR will have on the following:
  • Will MF:SR finally get a FastPass+
  • Speaking of FastPass+, what will happen with to the tier system at HS?
  • Will they have a queue system for GE?
  • Will they have early morning hours at HS?
I'll be there in February. Can't wait.

So we don't know the answers to for something but here are my thoughts/guesses (in blue):
  • Will MF:SR finally get a FastPass+ .... I would be surprised if they add it for a while - I wouldn't expect any FP+ for GE until MMRR opens at the earliest.
  • Speaking of FastPass+, what will happen with to the tier system at HS? .... If they add FP+ to GE after MMRR opens, I would think those three (the two in GE and MMRR) would be Tier 1 and everything else Tier 2. Possibly have SDD as Tier 1 as well
  • Will they have a queue system for GE? .... They will use the system that is in place with the virtual queue via boarding groups - it technically is still there they just haven't needed to use it, but suspect they will for a while once RotR opens
  • Will they have early morning hours at HS? .... That is the big question. Nothing has been announced. Personally I think they will do *something* but likely not 3 hours every day like they had. And maybe nothing official but would expect them to let people into the land before the rest of the park opens to some extent

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter