Rise of The Resistance Opening?

Yeah, I'll echo sentiments about Hagride (love this abbreviation) - while it's certainly annoying that folks have been facing hours-long waits, and the ride has delayed openings and early closings, people still LOVE it. Seems like the operational issues aren't marring their experience, and I'd hope something similar would happen with RoTR.

I think the fact that it is an excellent ride and an excellent ride experience once you get on it is overcoming a lot of the frustrations with the operation of it but I did see a lot of not so nice posts about it (here and on Facebook/twitter) about how the line was being handled and lack of updates provided to those on line when the ride was down etc, ... albeit more earlier on and less recently

I also think people (especially in the cyberwebs) hold Disney to a higher standard than Universal and if Hagrid was a Disney ride the outrage would be much, much higher with people talking about how their vacations were ruined, etc.

Based on how HagRide has gone if I were Disney and there were any operational issues, I would have a reservation system just for the ride and cap it at no more than 1/2 capacity just to make sure that there is fluff time to work any issues while still having guests ride it.

That is the way I see it unfolding, unfortunately.

I also think people (especially in the cyberwebs) hold Disney to a higher standard than Universal and if Hagrid was a Disney ride the outrage would be much, much higher with people talking about how their vacations were ruined, etc.

That's a totally fair assessment, even if I think the existing double standard is a bit ridiculous (both companies should be held to the same high standard, IMO 🤷‍♀️ )

Yep. People will forgive a slip past an opening window, even an opening month. But they’ve announced a day, people are now planning heavily around it, missing the date would be a big issue.

What would the big issue be, just curious. Those that booked specifically just to see ROR will just cancel their booking and move it to the new ROR date and disney don't get cancelation fees. Outside of that, I don't really see what big issues they will face over a delay in construction. This aint the only project to miss its date after it's been announced and it won't be the last.

What would the big issue be, just curious. Those that booked specifically just to see ROR will just cancel their booking and move it to the new ROR date and disney don't get cancelation fees. Outside of that, I don't really see what big issues they will face over a delay in construction. This aint the only project to miss its date after it's been announced and it won't be the last.
Cancelling isn’t always that simple. Lots of hotels/ airlines/ car services won’t give you all of your money back. Which can make moving a trip hard for many people. It’s not an end of the world situation, but it’s a large hassle that could taint a trip. Then there’s the issue of moving vacation time with your employer, which is also not always simple.

Any updates about the possibility of extended park hours for ROTR?
I was just going to ask the same question. Back when i was planning my park days for ADR it just happens that HS day falls on the same day ROTR opens. I hope there longer park hours the day it opens.

I was just going to ask the same question. Back when i was planning my park days for ADR it just happens that HS day falls on the same day ROTR opens. I hope there longer park hours the day it opens.

I actually switched my HS day to the 5th when I found out it was opening the day after I arrived. Not often I get the chance to be at the first day of opening for an attraction. I'm really hoping that they'll expand the EEMH in early December since they're expecting a madhouse.

I actually switched my HS day to the 5th when I found out it was opening the day after I arrived. Not often I get the chance to be at the first day of opening for an attraction. I'm really hoping that they'll expand the EEMH in early December since they're expecting a madhouse.
We are fortunate enough to be there opening Friday through the following week. We have two DHS mornings planned (Monday and the following Friday) and two evenings (one for SWGE, one for Fantasmic). We are staying on-site and are hoping for some EMHs the following week in order to ride ROTR at least once at rope drop. I just wish they would say something about the hours so that I could plan my days.

I think they would of announced it already.

Looking at the calendar there are EMH for Thanksgiving week for DHS and then again during Christmas and New Years. They have left most December with no EMH. I have feeling it will stay this way. Just normal hours.

No extended hours or additional EMH for opening- bizarre

On one hand I think there’s got to be something they do as surely there will be some sort of increase in crowds because of the opening. More than August 29th if I were a betting woman.

On the other hand, it feels like if they aren’t charging directly for it or if they aren’t jam packed it’s a fail in Disney’s eyes. I can’t help but feel like they don’t like us being able to basically walk on rides for “free” while they pay to keep the parks open longer.

We are hoping for the EEMH to be extended too but my husband is being pessimistic and doesn't think they will be. Meanwhile I am the one wishing upon a star.

Getting worried about rumours of a delay though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter