Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was really freaking stressful this morning. I feel like it compromised my morning a bit because I felt off from the stress and even once you get a boarding group, it is such a process getting over there and going through the process when you have kids who are too short or too scared to ride. We are back at the hotel relaxing! Ha!

I’m glad we did it, but even my husband said he’s good waiting until our almost 4 year old grows and inch and then we’ll just all ride together. Rider swap just takes forever even going through the FP lane.
That’s how we all felt yesterday, and why we decided not to go for it today—thank goodness. I got into it a little bit today with a guest relations CM—nicely. She tried to spin today’s fiasco with the crowds at the gates as being better because it took longer to fill the backups. I wasn’t having any of it, and pointed out how well DHS manages to get everyone into the park, etc, and all the angry people with line jumping etc. I also pointed out that they don’t have a great track record with getting through backups, and they aren’t guaranteed. As I’ve said before, I much prefer DLR in general but our DHS experience for RotR was so much better. It’s funny. I was super stressed leading up to that but as soon as I breezed through security and the gates I was very zen. The opposite happened at DLR. I was pretty relaxed going into yesterday, but as soon as I saw the ridiculous line at the grand for security my blood pressure went through the roof. I’m glad we were able to ride, but i won’t be back in a hurry.

Got the notification 40 minutes ago that my boarding group 88 would not be accommodated tonight. Good thing we left two hours ago.
I guess that confirms they’re not even trying for back-up groups today. That’s too bad, especially given how the morning went.

At least they’re notifying people so they aren’t hanging around extra hours before finding out they can’t ride.

We had a line jumper right in front of us this morning. He even tried to explain that he was always there. Like heck, we would remember that the white family of four didn't quite match his asian features. He would have been better to sell us that he was our cousin that cousin bob invited to join us. I was so tempted to grab a CM to have him dragged to Disney jail....but there was no CM to be seen ANYWHERE! That was the main issue today. No CM crowd control. Worse, the soundtrack played "For the first time forever" at around 725. Just not good timing this morning disney.

Luckily there was a young child that ran down the line screaming 'it's open!-------aaarrrggggh!' like an avenger he appeared to be imitating. Raised the mood nicely a notch.

Here is something I hadn't thought of until just now... (thanks to this thread, I am thinking of all sorts of things that have never occurred to me before!)

My 15 yo, very tall son is going with a friend on President's Day weekend (it was the friend's choice... I could not talk him out of it!!!!) and he does not have any sort of photo ID, and will have a 2 day PH. (I doubt the friend will have photo ID either, as the 16th is his 16th birthday).

Will it be a problem for my son, not having ID? The friend's dad will be with them but I won't be (if that would even make a difference).

Here is something I hadn't thought of until just now... (thanks to this thread, I am thinking of all sorts of things that have never occurred to me before!)

My 15 yo, very tall son is going with a friend on President's Day weekend (it was the friend's choice... I could not talk him out of it!!!!) and he does not have any sort of photo ID, and will have a 2 day PH. (I doubt the friend will have photo ID either, as the 16th is his 16th birthday).

Will it be a problem for my son, not having ID? The friend's dad will be with them but I won't be (if that would even make a difference).
If you are under 18 you technically don't need to show ID. So they would just say at the gate their ages. I believe Disney goes on the honor system, so they shouldn't question it.

Canadian residents are currently being offered a discount ticket(20% off) because our dollar is so pathetic😭 So you have to show your passport to prove your Canadian.

I guess that confirms they’re not even trying for back-up groups today. That’s too bad, especially given how the morning went.

At least they’re notifying people so they aren’t hanging around extra hours before finding out they can’t ride.

No wonder the park was so quiet this evening,... last night there were tons of people hanging around everywhere. Tonight was totally different. I realize Sunday nights are always quieter, but I bet since they didn’t even get to group 88, a bunch of people took off.

We had a line jumper right in front of us this morning. He even tried to explain that he was always there. Like heck, we would remember that the white family of four didn't quite match his asian features. He would have been better to sell us that he was our cousin that cousin bob invited to join us. I was so tempted to grab a CM to have him dragged to Disney jail....but there was no CM to be seen ANYWHERE! That was the main issue today. No CM crowd control. Worse, the soundtrack played "For the first time forever" at around 725. Just not good timing this morning disney.

Luckily there was a young child that ran down the line screaming 'it's open!-------aaarrrggggh!' like an avenger he appeared to be imitating. Raised the mood nicely a notch.

This morning was chaos at the gates. I still can’t believe we made it in before 8. They have to come up with a way to define the lines better, especially on weekends. This is going to be an issue as long as they have boarding groups. Everyone needs to bombard Rebecca Campbell on Instagram with complaints and suggestions.

If they can build a ride like ROTR, surely they can figure out a gate line schematic.

No wonder the park was so quiet this evening,... last night there were tons of people hanging around everywhere. Tonight was totally different. I realize Sunday nights are always quieter, but I bet since they didn’t even get to group 88, a bunch of people took off.
Sunday nights get super quiet after fireworks usually.

I’ve been reading through this thread and can’t find an answer to our situation. My brother and I are going on a siblings only birthday trip Feb 8-10. We have a 7:30 reservation on Saturday Feb 8 for Minnie’s breakfast. Where will we go to ensure we are at our reservation on time? Do they have a breakfast entrance line? Thank you!

The issue we came across was the big mess of a line/mob right in front of the ride when it kept breaking down. So if anyone is a DAS user with crowd anxiety, be aware. Also, I know DAS is for non-mobility issues, but there are guests with mobility issues who use DAS for other needs , so going back and forth to see if the ride is running, or waiting in that big mob can be an issue.

We rode on 1/22, which was one of the worst days for the ride. When we got an answer from a CM, they were nice and said even if you returned to the ride after your boarding group had ended they would honor it since the ride was doing so poorly.

During this boarding group process, you def have to bring patience! Be kind to the CM’s. They are doing their best, and with all the uncertainty with this ride, it’s causing a lot of anger with guests.
(I put some info behind the spoiler thread to be safe)
the DAS/fastpass line was fine. It didn’t have much in it that I can remember (long morning and I was exhausted by the time we went through) if there is anyone who has issues with transitions and stimulation you may have problems with the ride itself. It’s pretty long too, on top of the fact it isn’t running reliably can throw you off some. but that’s all I can think of
I'm adding in this quote I posted on the ROTR disability thread. That thread is mostly geared towards WDW, but I thought some of my experience could be helpful for those who use DAS at DL for the new ride. If anyone has any experience using it at DL, please post. The main thing to know is that if you want to use the DAS, you must get a boarding group. There is no way around this. I know for some people, that can be a problem.

I’ve been reading through this thread and can’t find an answer to our situation. My brother and I are going on a siblings only birthday trip Feb 8-10. We have a 7:30 reservation on Saturday Feb 8 for Minnie’s breakfast. Where will we go to ensure we are at our reservation on time? Do they have a breakfast entrance line? Thank you!
If you are facing the DL entrance, the entrance gates on the left will say "Character Breakfast". You enter there. They will scan your tickets and do pictures.

Sorry to read about all those who didn’t make it on today. Today was the first day of our visit.
we were in line at 7:15 and thot for sure we were not going to make it thru the gate.Our line went to California adventure and then curved around and we were about 20 back facing CA. But we got thru at 7:58. Raced partway up the Main Street train station steps and saw 4 bars on cell service and had about 30 seconds to get set up and ready.
Others were counting down so payed close attention but did not press more info until my phone time changed to 8:00. Got boarding group 30.
Return time was 2 hours and we entered the ride midway thru our window, at 10:30 am. We were off at 11:25.
the ride was amazing and we were amazed to have been so lucky to get a BG. Thank you to everyone posting over the last week, that allowed us to give it the best try.
it is stressful, so will not be trying tomorrow, but will again later on in the week.

Got BG 15 this morning from the train station on Tmobile. Noticeable lag from clicking the red button to being able to select group.

Line was full but moved well. 40 minutes start of queue to end of ride
did you start from having the app open already or closed? on the app home page?

... (I’m recovering from surgery, so no parks for me this weekend.)
Wishing you a very speedy and smooth recovery!

... I'm assuming it would work to get a boarding group from any of the hotels across the street but I don't think I read of anyone trying that yet, or did I miss that?
No one has yet posted about doing this. Anyone care to try this for the team?

Normally, the first time the ticket is used, a photo is taken and associated with that ticket. I do not recall there ever being a request for a document of any kind. Really they do not care, as long as the same person uses the ticket each day.

For you it will be helpful to write each person's name on each ticket so you know which ticket belongs to each person. It is usually recommended to snap a quick photo of each ticket in case you lose one. And I always write a cell # on the ticket in case it is lost, to improve the chance of being returned.
:wizard:
Just to clarify, as other posters have done already, if you are using the SoCal Promo Tickets, you will be asked for photo ID. Canadians using the special Canadian tickets will be asked for a passport. If you take a photo of your tickets as a safeguard, make sure to have a clear image of the barcode and numbers on the back. The photos can help you replace the tickets easily and quickly at Guest Services should they be lost/stolen/destroyed/etc.

Yeah, looks like doing rope drop isn't a smart idea right now lol . I'm going to try and go Saturday, and will show up around 10am after the morning madness. We'll see how it is then
If you do this, please report back on how it was and what happened!

It's also exhausting... We left at 2pm. Couldn't make a full day.
This has me worried and is a major reason we haven't attempted to ride at DL yet. I don't think I could try for a BG, then (assuming we get one) make it through the day until we actually ride. Really looking forward to reading about more people's experiences with DAS and how they managed to adjust their day around ROTR.

I'm adding in this quote I posted on the ROTR disability thread. That thread is mostly geared towards WDW, but I thought some of my experience could be helpful for those who use DAS at DL for the new ride. If anyone has any experience using it at DL, please post. The main thing to know is that if you want to use the DAS, you must get a boarding group. There is no way around this. I know for some people, that can be a problem.
Thank you for posting this -- the more information we can get for DAS users, the better!

If you are facing the DL entrance, the entrance gates on the left will say "Character Breakfast". You enter there. They will scan your tickets and do pictures.

Additional info -Saturday’s are Magic Mornings at Disneyland. For us this past Saturday, as you faced the Disneyland entrance, the left entrances were for those those with regular tickets and the right entrances were the MM and the character breakfast entrances. Things appear to be switched at the moment due to ROTR.

You don’t say if you are staying onsite or if you’d:be coming in from the Harbor side or the downtown Disney side.

So I’d suggest getting to the gates by just after 7:00 a.m. in case the esplanade is crazy, so you have time to locate your gate. And also ask The first CM you aee in the esplanade where it is, as things may change from day to day if any adjustments are made. It is definitely not business as usual right now,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!