READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I came in at 9:25 today amd figured I would try to ride again...got BG 162....but was just sent an alert that they will not be able to accomodate my BG today...glad I rode it the other day
Thanks for providing the info. That’s right about the time they stopped handing out backups so at least we know approx how they went today. Sorry you won’t get to ride.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted on this thread.

We were in DHS on Sunday. Walked from Yacht Club. Left a few minutes after 6am. The marathon was that morning. The pathway was open but everyone along the way seemed to say that it was open for now and would close once the runners hit(have no idea when or if it really did close) The boats were also running at 6am but I don’t know if they were suspended once the race hit. I would have like to take the boat but DH had to make a run to the car and we missed the first one. I didn’t see anymore so we just walked.

Everything ran smooth. It was probably around 620/625 when we arrived so we went quickly through bag check and headed straight for the mob of people heading for Galaxys edge.

DH, DD and I all have older iPhones 6s/7. Dh and Dd didnt use WiFi while I stayed on. None of us could see The join boarding group until 701 when DH got in first. We got group 60.

We were called around 1015 I think? Rider swap worked well. Dh and DD2 were able to leave and check out Galaxys edge while Dd15, ds4 and I rode.
We did get stuck for maybe 20ish minutes in the tiny hallway . They handed out water and the people in the back got a few pictures with Chewy.

DD insisted on riding Smugglers run so they waited for almost 90 minutes. I told her they should wait until the initial mob of rope drop cleared but she didn’t want to wait.

Loved Galaxys edge! Star Tours with the updates was awesome too!

Another 1/28 here! DH and I are flying in the afternoon of the 27th and out at 6:00 AM on the 29th. We know you know we're crazy.... :wave2: This magnificently informative super-sized thread has been invaluable (I got to ride with my DD's when things were so, so different - way, way back on December 14th thanks to this thread!) and info from the 27th will be HUGE for us!! THANK YOU!!

Another 1/28 here! DH and I are flying in the afternoon of the 27th and out at 6:00 AM on the 29th. We know you know we're crazy.... :wave2: This magnificently informative super-sized thread has been invaluable (I got to ride with my DD's when things were so, so different - way, way back on December 14th thanks to this thread!) and info from the 27th will be HUGE for us!! THANK YOU!!
There are much worse things you could spend your 'crazy' on :hyper: MTFBWY!

A preliminary thank you to all you posters here! I'm coming in for my trip soon with HS mornings of 1/29 1/30 and 2/2 (I rearranged my park schedule to make sure we had a good shot at riding this once even if problems occur.) This entire thread is a blessing! I love all of you for keeping it up!

Yesterday we were issued an anytime FP for ROTR since every time we even approached the queue it seemed to go down. We had other plans yesterday, so guest relations was able to put a note in our file to move that FP to today. We stopped by guest relations when we entered DHS today and they loaded the FP back on our accounts. They sent us through the FP line even though we were expecting to enter the regular line and just got off a few minutes ago.

Thank you to everyone who has provided such helpful information here!!!

I’ve been lurking and learning, and I’m getting very excited for my 1/26 HS day (less excited about the early wake-up)—and I have 1/30 as my second HS day, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make it in time for a BG, since it’s check out day and I have to drop stuff at Bell Services before I do anything fun.
Planning to go 1/26 as well! :)

Dismeet! We shall attempt the running of the bulls together!

Gosh, my nervous excitement is building! We fly in from northeast Saturday, and HS is the Sunday! I’m nervous about hearing how busy it will be, but I sure hope we get a BG. We are avid Star Wars fans (I’ve read the books before the prequels came out 🤓) so would love love love to experience the ride and GE!
and those on the boards that will also be there on Sunday 19th, I’ll be wearing my custom Star Wars ears! Come say hi!
the only question remains is do we try to rope drop SR or not. We aren’t morning people so never experienced a rope drop before.
another thought is perhaps to return to the hotel for some rest and come back for the afternoon and magic hours.SR is operational during late magic hrs right?

Gosh, my nervous excitement is building! We fly in from northeast Saturday, and HS is the Sunday! I’m nervous about hearing how busy it will be, but I sure hope we get a BG. We are avid Star Wars fans (I’ve read the books before the prequels came out 🤓) so would love love love to experience the ride and GE!
and those on the boards that will also be there on Sunday 19th, I’ll be wearing my custom Star Wars ears! Come say hi!
the only question remains is do we try to rope drop SR or not. We aren’t morning people so never experienced a rope drop before.
another thought is perhaps to return to the hotel for some rest and come back for the afternoon and magic hours.SR is operational during late magic hrs right?
Yes it's part of emh

Yesterday we were issued an anytime FP for ROTR since every time we even approached the queue it seemed to go down. We had other plans yesterday, so guest relations was able to put a note in our file to move that FP to today. We stopped by guest relations when we entered DHS today and they loaded the FP back on our accounts. They sent us through the FP line even though we were expecting to enter the regular line and just got off a few minutes ago.

Thank you to everyone who has provided such helpful information here!!!
Did you arrive at HS at rope drop or at your own convenience as you had a FP waiting?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!