READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I arrived by bus from ASMo at about 6:25 yesterday (1/26), made it though the slowest bag security line ever (the guy was looking in every tiny pocket on every bag) by 6:37, through the tapstiles by 6:40, and standing in the crowd outside the Frozen sing-along place by 6:44. I got BG 77 because I had to do a hard refresh on MDE after it wouldn’t switch over after 7am. I would maybe take a minute before picking a security line to see which ones are moving and which ones are crawling if you decide to take a bag.

Thanks for the nice time breakdown. I guess I should say it's not really the "lines" per se as obviously we will have those throughout Disney. But not having them to get up at the crack of dawn to start the lines ;-) I don't want to wear them out! We just want to be in for ROTR BG time (7am). Not so much worried about being first in line for everything else, so not trying to make turnstile open. I was bummed when they moved the open time from 9am up to 7am for our day. 9 would have been better for our peeps who like to sleep in. Oh well. We work with what we got!

-Arrived at HS at 5:51 and was at the ticket windows.
-Tapped in at 6:26 no fingerprint.
-Waited on Sunset Blvd at the front of the pack on the left.
-Opened the app at 6:57 and started refreshing and toggling in and out of check my status.
-Took about 20-30 seconds after 7:00 for the button to turn red. I got group 34 as a single rider (I was using an iPhone 11 on wifi)
-We walked back as a group and was 7th in line for RockNRollercoaster (First train of the day).
-On my way to Toy Story land I mobile ordered breakfast from woodys and waited about 3 minutes for my food (the queue was completely filled with people who I would have been behind without mobile ordering). Saved at least 20 minutes.
-Rode Star tours and slinky fastpass.
-Group 34 was called at 9:25. I was given a 2 Hour return window. I went immediately to the ride.
-Ride went down part way through and I was evacuated and given an electronic fast pass.
-Fast pass didn’t show up so I went to guest experience and they added it back in.
-Left and went to epcot for lunch and a few rides because the lines for everything were crazy at HS.
-Returned to HS at 2 and walked on ROTR through fastpass.

My 63 year old father just called me after getting off the ride. As anticipated, he loved it. I was worried when he didn't get to the park until after 7 am and ended up with boarding group 124, and I was even more worried when the ride went down for a while this afternoon. Thankfully it worked out so that he could ride it today before leaving WDW tomorrow. It sounds like all of the ride elements were working as well.

So the article about changes to the virtual queue today should be completely ignored?

I just read the article that the Dis wrote about this change today, and it has so much wrong info in it... It's close, but just not quite right. Then the comments aren't all correct either. Makes me want to pull my hair out as I read it.
What did the article get wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter