READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random Question - what time did you arrive at the park to be off MFSR by 7:40am? :D
Arrived in uber at 6:01. Had a good few bags to get through. Stayed right like advised here. There were long straight qs and eventually cast members told guests at back to move down the centers which was a little off putting. Q opened at 6:30, we got through at 6:36 and held opposite Indiana Jones from 6:44. Once walking to ge I stayed right again and we joined the actual q around droid depot. Basically kept walking till the ride

We had a good day overall there, starting with SR, then star tours, followed by ogas, then built 2 droids, bought a porg and kids clothes, couldn't resist a D-O either. The hanging around for rotr was tough. When at about 37 we decided to uber back to hotel to have a freshen up and dump all our gear. Back an hr when group was called. Ubered back and entered q at 4:51, q was inside. Ride started at 5:27. When we got off the outside q was full too but not outside the actual ride q. It was a long experience day but we all had a fab day. We'll worth it 😁

Out of curiosity, if part of the ride is not working, does Disney inform guests that they are only experiencing part of the ride? Or is this a case where those of us going in spoiler free would not know we missed anything until reading a full recap of the ride after the fact? I would be very unhappy to wait all that time and only get a partial experience, and I do not blame anyone at all if they are unhappy.

My son and I will be there this Saturday so trying to get a feel for what to expect if part of the ride happens to not be working.
No they did not tell anyone. It really ruined the experience. They gave us a Fp to come back later which we did but the ride broke about 5 minutes in and we were evacuated. Thousand of very very unhappy people- ride down for tonight and I expect a late open tomorrow.

Well, at 7:55, it's still at 79. So something appears to be up.

ETA: Oh, but it just flipped from 70 - 79 to 71 - 79. So who knows. Poor BG#80!

Sayhello

No they did not tell anyone. It really ruined the experience. They gave us a Fp to come back later which we did but the ride broke about 5 minutes in and we were evacuated. Thousand of very very unhappy people- ride down for tonight and I expect a late open tomorrow.
They’re in such a tough spot but I really wish they communicated to people when the experience wasn’t fully operating.

Q though: You expect a late open tomorrow because of something factual or based on your frustration? Sorry it was a rough day but just trying to understand what you mean by that.

How to plan your day around when your BG might get called:
giphy.gif

What to say to your coworkers when they try to give you
a hot "tip" they read about how to get a good BG for RotR:

giphy.gif

How I feel about @rteetz's version of the chart vs. my version of the chart:
tenor.gif

(for reals though @rteetz - so glad you made the chart and gave me the chance to continue it!)

And Lastly...how I'll feel when my trip is over and
I no longer need to obsess over RotR BGs each day:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
There have been reports of waiting 20 minutes for an Uber. I think calling an Uber at 6:00 should get you to the park by 6:30, which will be fine.
If you wait 20 minutes for an Uber (which is a long wait), the ride to the park will be 10 minutes so no worries

We are making our attempt tomorrow. We just happened to be in Hollywood Studios this afternoon and I was surprised at the low boarding group number, as at 2pm it should have been higher. I didn’t say anything to my friends as it took all my power just to convince them to get up early tomorrow, and didn’t want to jinx anything lol

They’re in such a tough spot but I really wish they communicated to people when the experience wasn’t fully operating.

Q though: You expect a late open tomorrow because of something factual or based on your frustration? Sorry it was a rough day but just trying to understand what you mean by that.
Bit of both- cast member told us it was closed for the night and they wouldn’t reopen till it was fixed. We asked would it be up tomorrow and are told they couldn’t say. Based in the number of problems the really should just close it and keep
It closed until it’s working properly.
With regards to it being only partially open earlier CM told us VP of parks made the decision to open with parts of the ride down, and that they don’t tell people as they don’t want to tell people who haven’t been on it already what they are missing in case they go on it future and it works. They seem to want to keep things very secretive. My little boy is devastated after today. We attempted to ride 5 times in total, 3 times it went down whilst in line, once we did the partial ride, and once we were evacuated in the secondary part of the ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter