READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full ride not working. No spoilers but basically the first 3 bits aren’t working, lots of very unhappy guests here!

Out of curiosity, if part of the ride is not working, does Disney inform guests that they are only experiencing part of the ride? Or is this a case where those of us going in spoiler free would not know we missed anything until reading a full recap of the ride after the fact? I would be very unhappy to wait all that time and only get a partial experience, and I do not blame anyone at all if they are unhappy.

My son and I will be there this Saturday so trying to get a feel for what to expect if part of the ride happens to not be working.

Full ride not working. No spoilers but basically the first 3 bits aren’t working, lots of very unhappy guests here!
It stopped a couple times while we were on it. We saw everything though. But we have watched on YouTube and knew what to expect.

Seems like either get there 90+ minutes early to be at from of "rope drop" crowd to ride first thing or best bet is at/near park closing

Seems waits build really fast for many attractions as so many people are there early to get RotR BGs

We walked into Animal Kingdom and got to FOP at 7:50 and there was still a two hour wait.
The wait times are shorter in the evenings.
Here’s a chart of what touring plans is predicting today for MFSR...
View attachment 466639

This weekend was just insane. I've never seen MLK Jr weekend so busy at Disney. We didn't have FP for anything so we didn't plan on riding any rides.
Coming up on 11:00 and still no groups called. I truly feel for those who experienced the elation of scoring a low boarding group only to endure the agony that has been this morning's lack of performance. :grouphug:

It really wasn't too bad. We just went and spoke to a cast member and I asked if the ride had ever been shut down for an entire day and he said, "No, never and you have a good number". We felt pretty good about that.

We just Skylinered over to Epcot and drank beer until we were called. No biggie for us at all.

Out of curiosity, if part of the ride is not working, does Disney inform guests that they are only experiencing part of the ride? Or is this a case where those of us going in spoiler free would not know we missed anything until reading a full recap of the ride after the fact? I would be very unhappy to wait all that time and only get a partial experience, and I do not blame anyone at all if they are unhappy.

My son and I will be there this Saturday so trying to get a feel for what to expect if part of the ride happens to not be working.

they won't say anything

which is unofrtunate - I think they should inform guests and give them the option of coming back later or riding know if that is the best option for them. I guess the sticky wicket part is what constitutes a "major" element being down? some are obvious but I bet some things would fall in a gray area where some would htink it is big but others wouldn't think it is a big deal

Definitely agree that they should probably not even run the ride of multiple elements are down.

I am going in spoiler free on Saturday, but if I happen to think anything major has been missed I will be in the full spoiler thread pretty quick to confirm.

In my mind I am paying to experience the full ride, and once Disney commits to having it open, I would expect that all elements are functioning as expected. It's one thing if it goes down mid-ride, and they give you a FP for later. I feel it is quite another to knowingly put guests on a ride that they know is not 100% working from the start.

This weekend was just insane. I've never seen MLK Jr weekend so busy at Disney. We didn't have FP for anything so we didn't plan on riding any rides.

I am not sure if there have been sporting events out at ESPN during past MLK weekends, but I do know that this year was the first year they moved the big girls soccer tournament to MLK weekend. Up until now, it had always been on Thanksgiving weekend. Teams from all over the country come to play in the tournament, so I assume that accounted for a lot of additional guests being in the parks.

I managed to ride it earlier when it came back up (when they called group 30). I went in spoiler free so I’m not sure if I saw everything, but if they skipped something it didn’t feel like it. It was definitely worth the work.

Definitely agree that they should probably not even run the ride of multiple elements are down.

I am going in spoiler free on Saturday, but if I happen to think anything major has been missed I will be in the full spoiler thread pretty quick to confirm.

In my mind I am paying to experience the full ride, and once Disney commits to having it open, I would expect that all elements are functioning as expected. It's one thing if it goes down mid-ride, and they give you a FP for later. I feel it is quite another to knowingly put guests on a ride that they know is not 100% working from the start.

personally I think it depends on how long it would take to fix ... what if they wouldn't be able to get it fixed all day and it is my last day so my options are a) ride the incomplete version b) don't ride any of it ... I think in that situation I would pick option a

So, just double checking as my trip is coming up soon, both parties have to scan in to get a boarding group, correct? And...which is best to use, the wifi, or the cell service on your phone?

So, just double checking as my trip is coming up soon, both parties have to scan in to get a boarding group, correct? And...which is best to use, the wifi, or the cell service on your phone?
I’ve only used cell service and everyone in your party has to enter the park to join a boarding group.
My groups at DHS so far have been, using an iPhone 11 Pro on AT&T:
12/29 Group 55
12/31 Group 13
1/1 Group 42 (I think. It was in the low 40s)
1/21 Group 44
1/22 Group 13

I’ve only used cell service and everyone in your party has to enter the park to join a boarding group.
Thanks, just want to make sure I know what I'm doing. So by the time they let you scan in, it looks like all the BG's are gone within minutes?

I've been a member here for years and this is the best thread ever! I've been glued to these pages for a while now. We are coming down in March so I have plenty of time to panic lol, but I just have a question about the app and I do apologize if this has been answered ad nauseam, but should I not have the MDE app open AT ALL until 7am or should I be at least on the screen where it states "my Status" and "join Boarding Group"? Thanks for the help and good luck to all who are embarking on the quest for a BG!!
-Penny

I had mine open, just in case it would suddenly need to update or something weird. “Join Boarding Group” didn’t appear right away, so I refreshed and there it was. The people next to me got a boarding group about 10-15 seconds before me (it seemed MUCH longer!) and I had BG 45 and they were in the 60s.

I know I'm gonna jinx myself with this.

Since Nov 2017, we've vacationed in Florida a total of 27 days (2 - 10 day Disney trips and 7 day beach trip). In all that time, we have had a total of about 2 hours of rain (across only 2 days). We're heading down tomorrow for a quick 3 day getaway so I'm hoping for more of the same, Sunshine and warm weather!!

Yes- it’s supposed to be nice while you are here! Not hot, but definitely warmer than today, and warming up until Sunday, when it should cool off a bit again. No rain forecasted that I know of!
I think you must be a good luck charm. :)

Yes, all parties have to be scanned into the park. I found Verizon cell service worked for me, because the wifi in the parks can be iffy.

waiting patiently for group 64 to be called. are multiple elements of the ride still down?

Thanks, just want to make sure I know what I'm doing. So by the time they let you scan in, it looks like all the BG's are gone within minutes?

Just to be clear, they have been letting people scan into the park around 30 minutes BEFORE they open up booking for boarding groups. So, the park has been opening at 7 (meaning boarding group process begins and people are walked to the rides at that time), but most people are entering the park by 6:30-6:45.

When it’s an effect or animatronic not functioning or going into b-mode, I’m okay with it running.

The major element that has been skipped on a few occasions plays a huge part in the immersive aspect of the attraction and keeps the story cohesive and believable. I think it necessitates a shut down. That is so disappointing to miss out on on a first ride IMO, especially if you are unspoiled.

I keep trying to come up with an example using another WDW attraction but it’s hard. It truly is one of things that makes RotR one of a kind.

Just to be clear, they have been letting people scan into the park around 30 minutes BEFORE they open up booking for boarding groups. So, the park has been opening at 7 (meaning boarding group process begins and people are walked to the rides at that time), but most people are entering the park by 6:30-6:45.
Yes, okay....so we get in a little early, but I understand they don't let you get a BG until the official 7 a.m. opening, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter