READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe running a lot of group’s through is a direct relation to why they have had so much downtime lately. They have made a choice to reduce confirmed groups to take some stress off the ride. Let it recover so to speak

Enjoying keeping up with this thread. Thanks to everyone for contributing their experiences. The more I read, the more I expect to see Disney to scale back on guaranteed boarding groups. Just seems like they will eventually need to move away from guest recovery tickets and manage the actual performance of the ride. Who knows though. Will stay tuned!

I’ll be visiting in about 5 weeks, been keeping up to date on the ROTR bg process, but what about MFSR what’s everybody doing for that? Rope drop better or later in the day better? Just want to maximize our time

The wait times are shorter in the evenings.
Here’s a chart of what touring plans is predicting today for MFSR...
70D4F4DE-8970-4B72-B202-31A09273FF7F.png

* by now I figured rope dropping and popular ride is a bust, but we decided to just be a lemming and head to GE side. We might as well see how it goes and who knows what/ where we will be for boarding group.
* we wait patiently- I had my husband run through “drills” on the app a few days ago! I’m the main app user so he had a learning curve!
* 6: 45, we turn off WiFi - side note it was extremely spotty anyway. We were standing near the frozen singalong theater. Lots of people in front, we couldn’t see the front of the rope line. Even more people behind us! We both launched the app to check our location to ensure the system knows we are in the park
* 6:55, we split responsibilities, he will hit my status and keep refreshing, I will toggle back and forth on home screen and find out more screen.... I did tell him to keep going if someone in our group doesn’t show up as “in the park”, and also told him that if you get the “processing circle”, go back to reload..
* oh, we both have Samsung galaxy s9 plus, on Verizon data
* announcement comes, I ignore and at 7am, we get to work, I’m toggling and my husband for the circle, he didn’t go back but closed the app completely and relaunched!
* He got in immediately- BG 10!!!! You could have knocked me over with a feather. We kinda just stood there in shock.. of course mr novice gets it while I’ve scoured this board for weeks 😂

I had to laugh at this one! Just thinking about all the time I have spent reading this thread and thinking about how to get the BG and my trip isn't until late June and then your hubby manages to get it real quick with a few pointers from you!

I hope this works for me. I tend to get a bit panicky, stressed over using my phone's apps anyway - small screen, big fingers, someone a bit clueless. I will have to make sure I prep my daughter on what to do before we go. She is my techie!

Great advice to ignore announcement. Unfortunately, I waited until the announcement was over to search for BG and people were already shouting out their numbers. (I still got 72)
I knew to watch the time but became distracted. The clock hit 7:00 before the announcement was over on my day.

Multi-task. Listen to announcement but keep your eye on the time. (I know! I let the announcement mesmerize me. 😆)

I am a bit worried that I, too, will probably get hooked in by the announcement and lose my focus while I am there.

Maybe they’re trying to move away from ‘regular’ BG and guaranteeing that people will get to ride.

Seems unusual that today’s BGs were filled so quickly while the back ups were available for a pretty long time.

I wonder if they started (or will start) putting fewer people in the regulars BGs so most people get back ups with no guarantee (no promise of park tickets and people asking for GCs, etc.) .

Yes, I think you and the others stating this are right. Disney does not want to have to compensate people who do not get to ride.

If today isn’t just an exception, it doesn’t surprise me that they would be scaling back on guaranteed groups. I know some people think the compensation doesn’t cost them much, but it is setting some serious precedent when it comes to rides and downtime, which I imagine they don’t want to let get out of control. Especially with the new headliners coming up in the next couple years.

I’m so grateful for this thread!!! With lots of planning and lots of luck we had a fantastic day. (Today - technically yesterday as it’s after midnight)
5:55-ish at Riviera bus stop
6:17 on bus
At park, stayed to the right after bag check - teens commented that we’d found the “soft spot” in line because we were moving way faster they others
6:36 in park
Headed to sunset to rope drop RNRC
Party of 10, everyone trying using various methods
I stood up on the curb, not too crowded around me, Verizon data. I had the app open before 7 but waited until 5 seconds after 7 (shortly after announcement) and then clicked Find Out More
Join Boarding Group was red
Boarding Group 19!!!!
I told the rest of my group that I got it and it was so eerie because nobody else was talking- but slowly the cheers started moving through the crowd - such a cool experience
Ride went down, stuck on 18 for a while- we had 19 and got in line as soon as the line opened up, we got lucky with the timing as we were just walking by
Once bands were scanned we did not stop walking until the experience started
THANK YOU to all for such a fun, informative thread!!!

What time did the buses start running at Riviera? We will be checking in Sunday and I’m trying to finalize our transportation plan for ROtR. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
If today isn’t just an exception, it doesn’t surprise me that they would be scaling back on guaranteed groups. I know some people think the compensation doesn’t cost them much, but it is setting some serious precedent when it comes to rides and downtime, which I imagine they don’t want to let get out of control. Especially with the new headliners coming up in the next couple years.

Agree with all of this .... Though if this is the first day of cutting back I am a little surprised they started with a holiday day vs tomorrow but maybe just how schedules are set this was day one of a new period or something

Agree with all of this .... Though if this is the first day of cutting back I am a little surprised they started with a holiday day vs tomorrow but maybe just how schedules are set this was day one of a new period or something
Along with the other points, I think being the end of the holiday weekend may be another consideration in this decision. (Not the end for everyone, but I'd think many people are leaving tonight and tomorrow)

Earlier in the weekend, the average guest could utilize the compensation by coming back to HS another day if their BG didn't get to ride. Today, many guests are leaving soon. Saves Guest Relations from having to deal with complaints that compensations didn't help individuals.

Better to be cautious today and not get too many hopes hope when compensation won't work as well for many.

I saw that post too.

Makes sense, if regular BG only lasted a minute it doesn't take much to miss out on them. As we all know here, arrival time is irrelevant as long as it's before opening.
There's still a great chance their backup BG rides, especially that they'd still get a relatively low BG in the first 5 minutes.

Yeah, I agree. So long as it doesn't have a terrible day everyone who tries right at opening *should* be getting on. We were seeing that even with the early January days, right?

Says boarding groups 48-70 now so not too far away from last regular BG getting called and not even noon yet. Baring some major breakdown I think a lot of backup BGs should get called ... and, like you said, majority of people there at opening (be it via regular or backup BG) should get to ride

Does anyone have any idea when BGs won’t be a thing anymore? I want to go to WDW in August and I’m hoping it’s not the same BG system then. We went to Disneyland on Friday and Saturday and we thought it was a good system with a not good way of distributing them. I believe the BG system at DL is identical to the one at WDW.

Does anyone have any idea when BGs won’t be a thing anymore? I want to go to WDW in August and I’m hoping it’s not the same BG system then. We went to Disneyland on Friday and Saturday and we thought it was a good system with a not good way of distributing them. I believe the BG system at DL is identical to the one at WDW.

Nobody knows. No indication they're going anywhere yet. You're right that Disneyland's system is the same as DHS'.

I feel like today's strange figures just further hammers home that we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes here. Not that we should stop floating theories or whatever, but without insider knowledge, we're all just guessing.

My scattered thoughts as I update the chart this morning:
  • BGs were gone in a minute today, but that's almost irrelevant as they only handed out 81 regular BG slots
  • Yesterday they handed out 126, had they done that today, "regular BGs" might have lasted much longer
  • Yesterday was the most regular BG slots they had handed out on any 13 hour operating day.
  • The ONLY day since 12/18 that they handed out less Regular BGs was on 12/26 when they dished out 77 slots.
  • Across all 13 hour operating days, they've handed out an average of 104 regular slots.
  • As of 11:35am, the ride had already called back more BGs than on the 1/17 disaster day
So on a day like today, I guess the only two figures I'm paying attention to are how many total BGs get called back, and what is their BG/hr rate. Everything else seems to be skewed by a regular BG figure that makes no sense based on the performance of the ride on 15 out of the last 16 days.

I feel like today's strange figures just further hammers home that we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes here. Not that we should stop floating theories or whatever, but without insider knowledge, we're all just guessing.

My scattered thoughts as I update the chart this morning:
  • BGs were gone in a minute today, but that's almost irrelevant as they only handed out 81 regular BG slots
  • Yesterday they handed out 126, had they done that today, "regular BGs" might have lasted much longer
  • Yesterday was the most regular BG slots they had handed out on any 13 hour operating day.
  • The ONLY day since 12/18 that they handed out less Regular BGs was on 12/26 when they dished out 77 slots.
  • Across all 13 hour operating days, they've handed out an average of 104 regular slots.
  • As of 11:35am, the ride had already called back more BGs than on the 1/17 disaster day
So on a day like today, I guess the only two figures I'm paying attention to are how many total BGs get called back, and what is their BG/hr rate. Everything else seems to be skewed by a regular BG figure that makes no sense based on the performance of the ride on 15 out of the last 16 days.

BG per hour is my favourite thing on that chart. I think that tells the bulk of the story, assuming they aren't messing around with number of people per group of course.

Thanks - I just wanted to point out some factual things without inserting my own thoughts or emotion. :D

And man - how about the results today!! Already calling back BG 78. It makes you wonder how they even set the number of "regular" vs. "backup" BGs. Today looks almost identical (but a little better) to yesterday through 5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter