READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to that, someone at home can get a BG for people who are in the park by using the MDE account of someone who's in the park . . . but can't get a BG for themselves at home. I think it's possible that someone at home can use their own MDE account to get a BG for people in the park as long as their MDE includes the people who're in the park and only those people are selected--but someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.
And, yes, you can practice from home. It's fun! It's free!

It really is fun! I'm somewhat ashamed at the lengths to which I'm going to be at work before they open up. To practice. Because it's fun. I AM 50 YEARS OLD! lol :rolleyes1 And...what on earth am I going to do AFTER my trip is over?!?!?

I definitely need to figure the best way with the app. Whether to already have it open, or try to open it. Obviously the way I did it this morning didn't work out. I opened it right at 7, and wasn't getting the red button, heard the people next to me get BG 20, so I closed the app and brought it up again to get 51. Not sure which way they did it

I definitely need to figure the best way with the app. Whether to already have it open, or try to open it. Obviously the way I did it this morning didn't work out. I opened it right at 7, and wasn't getting the red button, heard the people next to me get BG 20, so I closed the app and brought it up again to get 51. Not sure which way they did it
I seriously don't mean this to be rude but it seems your problem is just not planning to spend the day at DHS. It sounds like you're local so it's obviously a whole different ballgame than what most of us are trying to do. I think the primary focus of most people is to just get a reg BG that gets called back (or gets them a FP return if down-time) and to avoid the end of night craziness.

I'm not saying this to offend you, just pointing out that I think 99% of us here would be perfectly happy to have obtained BG 51 and ride prior to 3pm.

My personal goal is to get a BG of 80 or under...that's literally all I need to accomplish to be happy on my DHS day.

For what it is worth, I was practicing at home this morning and had the app open at 6:59 a.m. For me the join Boarding Group option did not come up for the first 15-20 seconds after 7 a.m. I think another poster commented on the delay as well. Yesterday people commented on there being a 30 second delay. All I know is that if I was in the park trying to get a BG those delays would be stressful.

Both practicing at home and in the park I have never had the boarding group button turn red within the first few seconds after the clock flips to 7AM. It seems to come on within maybe 15 seconds or less, but standing in the park it feels like longer than that, especially when others around you are shouting “11” ”16” and so on.

As keeper of The Chart, we expect better than 80.

Just sayin’. 😎
I also set my expectations (low) intentionally based on your experience. I have 6 different agendas for my Sunday @ DHS based on which BG number I get, lol! 5 of them accommodate my 5:10 Cape May dinner and 1 of them requires me to cancel that and do it on Tuesday instead (backup ADR already in hand).

The No bag line was shorter today. They had 2 lines not marked super well. There were people with bags that had to switch. Bag lines seemed pretty slow but looked like they would get in before 7am. If taking resort buses allow extra time for scooters. We were at the 1st stop and the maximum 2 both got on there. Next stop one was left behind. The entire bus was full by the 3rd stop so we just drove past the unhappy guests at the 4th and 5th stops.
Where is the no bag line? To the left of the bag lines?

I also set my expectations (low) intentionally based on your experience. I have 6 different agendas for my Sunday @ DHS based on which BG number I get, lol! 5 of them accommodate my 5:10 Cape May dinner and 1 of them requires me to cancel that and do it on Tuesday instead (backup ADR already in hand).

A true WDW planning slide puzzle/flow chart if I ever heard of one!!

A true WDW planning slide puzzle/flow chart if I ever heard of one!!
I'm attempting to fit RotR, Jedi Training Academy, an afternoon break, Cape May and Star Wars Galactic Spectacular all in this day with a ride on MFSR during EMHs to boot... I ended up going to a color coded spreadsheet that based on whatever BG we receive will dictate how the pieces fit together.

....yes, I'm nuts but having a minute by minute agenda at Disney is what allows me to stop thinking and relax!

Seems to be developing into a science.
Certainly need some flexibility on your rise of resistance day.
Now that I feel confident I know what is going on, and have a gameplan, they'll likely change it before we arrive in 42 days.
It's been tough to try and keep spoiler free from the whole star wars experience, and even tougher to not blab what I do know to my wife and son.

Me too! Flying from NJ Saturday (hoping sleet/snow stays away or at least doesn’t delay us too much) and hitting DHS Sunday (also Monday) for RoTR. My husband and I are huge fans, and I have custom ears too! Mine have R2D2 on one ear and BB8 on the other. I’m so not a morning person but for this it’s worth it.
Please from the short girl😊💕
Please take your ears off while on rides and in shows.

I was wondering about the app - we’re going tomorrow - does the “Background App Refresh” matter? I have mine on, but wonder if that accounts for the tinkering with exiting out of the app, having to manually refresh, etc.

Up to 97 and we're moving again!! Currently boarding 73-97 (and I assume some FP returners on top of that). Let's watch and see what happens to the "BG spread" and how many they try to callback tonight!

Fingers crossed for good ride performance the rest of the way today!!

I'm attempting to fit RotR, Jedi Training Academy, an afternoon break, Cape May and Star Wars Galactic Spectacular all in this day with a ride on MFSR during EMHs to boot... I ended up going to a color coded spreadsheet that based on whatever BG we receive will dictate how the pieces fit together.

....yes, I'm nuts but having a minute by minute agenda at Disney is what allows me to stop thinking and relax!
You mean you're not going to fit 2 rides on FoP in there somewhere?

Going to need to see a Venn diagram of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter