READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss something or are you now able to access a BG without being in the park? I saw comments about seeing a red joining button from home?

Did I miss something or are you now able to access a BG without being in the park? I saw comments about seeing a red joining button from home?
You can walk through all the steps through the app from anywhere in the world, but they will only ever assign those already tapped into the park a BG. If not shown as tapped in, will eventually receive an error message.

You can "practice" from home, up to the point of choosing your party. You just can't actually get a boarding group because you aren't in the park.
Just to add to that, someone at home can get a BG for people who are in the park by using the MDE account of someone who's in the park . . . but can't get a BG for themselves at home. I think it's possible that someone at home can use their own MDE account to get a BG for people in the park as long as their MDE includes the people who're in the park and only those people are selected--but someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.
And, yes, you can practice from home. It's fun! It's free!

Gosh, my nervous excitement is building! We fly in from northeast Saturday, and HS is the Sunday! I’m nervous about hearing how busy it will be, but I sure hope we get a BG. We are avid Star Wars fans (I’ve read the books before the prequels came out 🤓) so would love love love to experience the ride and GE!
and those on the boards that will also be there on Sunday 19th, I’ll be wearing my custom Star Wars ears! Come say hi!
the only question remains is do we try to rope drop SR or not. We aren’t morning people so never experienced a rope drop before.
another thought is perhaps to return to the hotel for some rest and come back for the afternoon and magic hours.SR is operational during late magic hrs right?

Me too! Flying from NJ Saturday (hoping sleet/snow stays away or at least doesn’t delay us too much) and hitting DHS Sunday (also Monday) for RoTR. My husband and I are huge fans, and I have custom ears too! Mine have R2D2 on one ear and BB8 on the other. I’m so not a morning person but for this it’s worth it.

Me too! Flying from NJ Saturday (hoping sleet/snow stays away or at least doesn’t delay us too much) and hitting DHS Sunday (also Monday) for RoTR. My husband and I are huge fans, and I have custom ears too! Mine have R2D2 on one ear and BB8 on the other. I’m so not a morning person but for this it’s worth it.
I'm flying in Sunday morning from Montreal. I'll try for a BG a couple of mornings that week

Gosh, my nervous excitement is building! We fly in from northeast Saturday, and HS is the Sunday! I’m nervous about hearing how busy it will be, but I sure hope we get a BG. We are avid Star Wars fans (I’ve read the books before the prequels came out 🤓) so would love love love to experience the ride and GE!
and those on the boards that will also be there on Sunday 19th, I’ll be wearing my custom Star Wars ears! Come say hi!
We're doing the same thing! DH and I have been to WDW many times, but we're bringing several first timers - most are big Star Wars fans. Hoping all goes smoothly enough and they have a great first WDW experience! Can't wait! If I spot your ears in line I'll say hi. May the force be with us all. :-)

Debating Tuesday or Wednesday the last week of January. Which would you choose and why? The plan is to use a non-expiring ticket and this is the only park we are visiting this trip. Does the back up boarding group allow people to ride multiple times?

those on the boards that will also be there on Sunday 19th, I’ll be wearing my custom Star Wars ears! Come say hi!
Me too! Flying from NJ Saturday (hoping sleet/snow stays away or at least doesn’t delay us too much) and hitting DHS Sunday (also Monday) for RoTR. My husband and I are huge fans, and I have custom ears too! Mine have R2D2 on one ear and BB8 on the other.
I feel like I need to make custom ears now too. So fun! :earsgirl:

Debating Tuesday or Wednesday the last week of January. Which would you choose and why? The plan is to use a non-expiring ticket and this is the only park we are visiting this trip. Does the back up boarding group allow people to ride multiple times?

No. You get one ride per day max.

I’ve been lurking and learning, and I’m getting very excited for my 1/26 HS day (less excited about the early wake-up)—and I have 1/30 as my second HS day, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make it in time for a BG, since it’s check out day and I have to drop stuff at Bell Services before I do anything fun.
You can grab your BG at HS then head back to your resort to check out. We did this in Dec for our second HS day and it worked out perfectly. We were staying at POP, used the Skyliner to go back to POP, checked out and checked in for our flight, then back to HS on the Skyliner. We had BG 38.

You can grab your BG at HS then head back to your resort to check out. We did this in Dec for our second HS day and it worked out perfectly. We were staying at POP, used the Skyliner to go back to POP, checked out and checked in for our flight, then back to HS on the Skyliner. We had BG 38.
That’s a great thought!! Thanks!

If they hold 8am opens I’d choose Wednesday. That would give you 1 more day of data to see how bad 8am opens are. If Monday is bad, Tuesday could bring a lot overreaction craziness.

Even on what seems to be a very bad operational day for RotR they appear to be on track to accommodate all regular BGs today. So the strategy remains: arrive before park open, grab a BG right at park open as quickly as you can, plan as much flexibility as you can.

(Nothing new here of course...just stating the obvious for those newer folks and lurkers among us).

Flying in from Philly early Sat morning (hopefully dodging any snow) but won’t hit HS until Wed for RotR and Fri for a normal studios day (and backup RotR day).

We didn’t manage to get into the park until around 7:20 this morning and got a back up BG number of 126. Any idea when is the latest we may hear yea or nay? Since park closes at 8 and they give you two hours to get there, I’m guessing they would have to let the BG backup groups know something by 6:00, but does it actually work that way or have people heard back later?

We didn’t manage to get into the park until around 7:20 this morning and got a back up BG number of 126. Any idea when is the latest we may hear yea or nay? Since park closes at 8 and they give you two hours to get there, I’m guessing they would have to let the BG backup groups know something by 6:00, but does it actually work that way or have people heard back later?
I have seen them to continue calling BGs as late as 90-100 minutes before closing in rare occasion. BUT Typically they cutoff at 6pm. You likely will receive a push notification if they ultimately determine that they can’t fit you in today. I hope it works out for you - it will definitely be a close call for you today either way it appears.

Also, if you do get called, pack your patience. You’ll likely be called in the “last hour pandemonium” and might experience a wait of 75-90 minutes to board the ride. MTFBWY!! Up to 83 right now 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!