READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
9:10 backup groups still available. First group today was 13 vs 9 so perhaps they anticipated things not going live immediately.
Is there any evidence that a delayed opening, higher first BG assigned, or delay in calling the first BGs has anything to do with previous day's issues?
OR, has anyone seen the ride operating before the first BGs are called? i.e. any chance that the first few unassigned BGs are for special groups, CMs, VIPs?

I'm there on the 30th, so I have the same questions. I do hope they keep the opening at 8 a.m. which means we should be there at 7 a.m. correct? At least according to how it's been going for the 7 a.m. opening.

My DHS day is 1/31 with 8am opening. Our plan is to take an Uber from AKL and be there at least 30 min early.

I’m 1/26 and 1/28. It’ll be here soon!!
I so want you two waiting next to each other without realizing it and posting something along the lines of, "I got BG17 and the people next to us got BG44," while the other posts the opposite numbers. I seriously find this whole situation more interesting than most tv shows, even knowing that while I'm watching this now and have practiced a bit, this may not be what is in place when we next go down in July.

As long as we are through the turnstiles by official opening time, we have an equal chance of getting an early BG. Is that right? If so, why do we need to be there an hour before opening. Isn't 30 minutes before enough?

Thanks!

General consensus is that is sufficient unless you are planning to rope drop a major attraction in which case you want to be earlier to be front of the pack.

Is there any evidence that a delayed opening, higher first BG assigned, or delay in calling the first BGs has anything to do with previous day's issues?
OR, has anyone seen the ride operating before the first BGs are called? i.e. any chance that the first few unassigned BGs are for special groups, CMs, VIPs?
The ride is "turned, on" about 2 hours before park opening to do all the opening check procedures. The delay in boarding could be special groups, vips, cms or that the attraction is simply malfunctioning. No one can know for sure unless they work at the attraction

I so want you two waiting next to each other without realizing it and posting something along the lines of, "I got BG17 and the people next to us got BG44," while the other posts the opposite numbers. I seriously find this whole situation more interesting than most tv shows, even knowing that while I'm watching this now and have practiced a bit, this may not be what is in place when we next go down in July.

Well @SouthFayetteFan we could always have a boarding group party LOL . Be there or be square!

First 8am open is Jan 27th. I'll be there 29th and anxiously awaiting to see if hours are extended. If not, we will only have 2 days of data before trying an 8am open ourselves, so a little nervous about that.
We are there 1/28, so I'll only have one day. I'm sort of glad they haven't moved it back to 7am, so we don't have to get up at 4am, but I'm worried more people will be willing to be there by 8am, and our morning ride wait times will be huge.

There likely would be a big group of people doing live streams of this like its own mini reality TV show, if they weren't too busy using all the phones in their group to try to get the BG.

As long as we are through the turnstiles by official opening time, we have an equal chance of getting an early BG. Is that right? If so, why do we need to be there an hour before opening. Isn't 30 minutes before enough?

Thanks!
Yes. Just leave yourself enough time for traffic, for having a rideshare driver who won't follow road signs (yes, this happened to me), for bag check, etc. If you're staying at a Boardwalk-area resort, so much the better.

Thanks!
Yes, for just a BG if you are walking or driving to DHS that should be good.
If you are taking a bus, I would plan on being at a bus stop an hour before opening.

The No bag line was shorter today. They had 2 lines not marked super well. There were people with bags that had to switch. Bag lines seemed pretty slow but looked like they would get in before 7am. If taking resort buses allow extra time for scooters. We were at the 1st stop and the maximum 2 both got on there. Next stop one was left behind. The entire bus was full by the 3rd stop so we just drove past the unhappy guests at the 4th and 5th stops.
Glad you were on the 1st stop!

I can't imagine the disappointment of waking up early for RoR and then the buses not getting you there in time. Uber/lyft as a back-up plan is highly suggested, have that ready just in case your bus stop becomes a nightmare. $10 is worth the peace of mind to make sure the trip you've spent thousands on goes well (even $25 for parties that require Minnie Van).

Looks like it's been stuck on 40 for a bit.. Just hopped on a bus back to HS thinking number will be called by the time I get there.. Guess I'll have to find a fp for TSM to kill time lol

Looks like it's been stuck on 40 for a bit.. Just hopped on a bus back to HS thinking number will be called by the time I get there.. Guess I'll have to find a fp for TSM to kill time lol
Jeepers! Now it’s stuck on 41. I’m waiting at the Epcot Member’s Lounge. Come on 66.

I’ve been lurking and learning, and I’m getting very excited for my 1/26 HS day (less excited about the early wake-up)—and I have 1/30 as my second HS day, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make it in time for a BG, since it’s check out day and I have to drop stuff at Bell Services before I do anything fun.

I’ve been lurking and learning, and I’m getting very excited for my 1/26 HS day (less excited about the early wake-up)—and I have 1/30 as my second HS day, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make it in time for a BG, since it’s check out day and I have to drop stuff at Bell Services before I do anything fun.

Planning to go 1/26 as well! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!