READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. I’ll just tell them we all need to walk over together. Don’t want to upset anyone in line behind us.
Good idea, @stitchlover. It's not just that the people behind you would get upset, it's that it's possible that your family might not even be able to get past everyone. Someone else described getting past 200 people in line, but that's a low estimate. Depending on how late your family got there, they might have to get past several hundred people or might not be able to find you before the tapstiles opened or might not be able to easily find you in the park after you and they had entered at separate times.

Go together. Plan your morning ahead of time, stick to the plan, and it shouldn't be too difficult. And enjoy RotR! It's amazing!

Really is running into a lot of problems lately. Hope it’s sorted out by Sunday.
By Sunday?? Hopefully it’s sorted out in the next 10 minutes for the 10,000+ people that want to ride today.

I’m also not sure what you mean by a lot of problems. Via “The Chart” it’s pretty easy to see that the ride has been on a great stretch of performance recently including most BGs per hour just a couple of days ago. :confused3

So to summarize today so far:

Tapstiles open 6:25
Reg BGs gone 7:12
Delayed ride opening 8:50
113 regular BGs
13 first BG called
Backups full at 9:28

If the ride operates good the rest of the day they can still get back on track and move a lot of people 😊

Last edited:
When is the first 8am opening scheduled for? I'm curious to see how fast boarding passes go and track early morning ride wait times. Its still 8am for our scheduled day last week of January. The planner in me is not liking all the variables. Opening crowds, holidays crowds, marathon crowds, MLK Jr holiday crowds and a later opening. I feel like I'll have no idea what we are up against. ;)

By Sunday?? Hopefully it’s sorted out in the next 10 minutes for the 10,000+ people that want to ride today.

I’m also not sure what you mean by a lot of problems. Via “The Chart” it’s pretty easy to see that the ride has been on a great stretch of performance recently including most BGs per hour just a couple of days ago. :confused3

Seems to be more breakdowns recently and late starts? Just my opinion.

When is the first 8am opening scheduled for? I'm curious to see how fast boarding passes go and track early morning ride wait times. Its still 8am for our scheduled day last week of January. The planner in me is not liking all the variables. Opening crowds, holidays crowds, marathon crowds, MLK Jr holiday crowds and a later opening. I feel like I'll have no idea what we are up against. ;)
First 8am open is Jan 27th. I'll be there 29th and anxiously awaiting to see if hours are extended. If not, we will only have 2 days of data before trying an 8am open ourselves, so a little nervous about that.

9:10 backup groups still available. First group today was 13 vs 9 so perhaps they anticipated things not going live immediately.

Still wondering if anyone has counted the exits to see if the attraction is processing 1700 people per hour that was an original estimate.

Just got off and here is my no spoiler report.

section where you split into two lines one line was closed off but everything past there all appeared open.

there were two elements that were deplayed in starting (and for one the CMs did a great job of covering). Not sure if those elements were having issues or if there were capacity issues further on do they didn’t start them on time. Next result was it didn’t flow as smoothly as normal.

the plus is all elements were present.

if my run is typical for today we might see lower bg/hour.

First 8am open is Jan 27th. I'll be there 29th and anxiously awaiting to see if hours are extended. If not, we will only have 2 days of data before trying an 8am open ourselves, so a little nervous about that.
I'm there on the 30th, so I have the same questions. I do hope they keep the opening at 8 a.m. which means we should be there at 7 a.m. correct? At least according to how it's been going for the 7 a.m. opening.

Still wondering if anyone has counted the exits to see if the attraction is processing 1700 people per hour that was an original estimate.
It’s still only running at about 65% from what I’ve been told as of a couple days ago.
Touring Plans has paid people to count exiting riders also, I am unsure of what they found though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter