RIP - Tarp Man

We met Randy at our first Mousefest in 2004. He welcomed us newbies at his photo session at the International Gateway, and into his Fantasmick meet.
Hoping that your family is consoled in the knowledge of how much he was admired and loved by his Disney friends.
BarbB:flower3:

Sorry to hear this about "Tarp Man". I only knew him as that, and even those that weren't in his circle knew of him.

Sad to see someone with such a shared passion leave us, I hope his friends and family are in all of our thoughts.

So sad. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I was wondering if someone on here can help me.

We would like to use the theme song from the electric light parade during Randy's memorial event, but I can't seem to find it. I'm sure Randy had it, but I can't find it in his collection.

Can anyone here tell me the real name of that tune? Does anyone know if it is downloadable? If not, does anyone know which cd has that song on it and if there is a source (like a Disney store in central Illinois) where I might get it?

I would appreciate any input I can get.

I have an MP3 of the one from Disneyland, I'm sure the music is similar. I've only ever been to Disneyworld and it sounds like I remember it. I have tried to create an account and upload to several free hosting/sharing sites. Have not gotten it to work. Do you have a gmail account? I know Gmail can accept large uploads. I might know someone who has the music from the parade in Florida, I'm waiting to hear back.

I also have MP3 of the "Main Street Electrical Parade", or of "Spectro Magic". They are large files, 10.2MB and 6.5 MB. I would be happy to help.

While I never got to meet him, I have admired his setup on several occasions,,,You will be missed......

I'm working on finding someone to help me download the music. I am not the computer/internet brain my brother was, but have learned a lot in the last week! I'll get back with you.

One more thing: does anyone have the picture Randy made a few years ago where he put everyone in one roller-coaster car at a meet, eventhough in real life they were in serveral different cars? I know he made several such pictures, but I can't find them in his stuff. If he was here, he'd be able to go right to them, and as soon as I am not so muttled, I'll find them, but if anyone has any of them and would mind posting, I would like to display one/more at the memorial.

Thanks, everyone, for all of your help. I know why he enjoyed all of you so much. You are jewels!

Here is the link to the RADP Photo albums

There are several of the group "log" photos here.

You may have to click the link "download original size"

http://www.wvnh.net/radp/index.php?

Also, instead of Main Street Electrical Parade, I think you are referring to the Electrical Water Pageant music. I'm not sure where to find that.

So sorry to hear this news!
Can't ya just picture him and Walt Disney chatting about the parks?!!

:mickeyjum

What was his name on the board- I would love to read his posts.

So sorry to hear this news!
Can't ya just picture him and Walt Disney chatting about the parks?!!

:mickeyjum

What was his name on the board- I would love to read his posts.

Actually, he didn't participate on this board. He participated over in the usenet group rec.arts.disney.parks and he signed on as his name Randy Berbaum. You can search for his posts through Google Groups.

However, last October a member of this group Tri-Circle-D took a picture of his campsite and dubbed him Tarp Man cause Randy had lots of silver tarps up to reflect off some of the sun and heat from his tent. Some of us mentioned we actually knew Randy, and the thread grew from there.

Some of us have been around the Disney internet community for 10 or more years. Up until about 5-6 years ago radp was really the only Disney internet community out there, and then lots of the web boards popped up and the seperatation began. A few of us still use UseNet. Randy decided to stick with Use Net exclusively (although, I think he was also a member of Stupid Guest Tricks).

So that explains why so many of us know Randy even though he didn't participate here.

I remember Randy from back when I used to post on RADP/UseNet frequently, though I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person.

My sympathies to his friends & family. The "Camping Monorail-Man" will be missed.

agnes!

2515509274_e475262b69_o.jpg

As previously mentioned, Randy had been very active on both the Usenet Newsgroup RADP (Rec Arts Disney Parks) and on www.stupidguesttricks.com . On both of thoe there has been contact by both co-workers and relatives of Randy.

There is one person on RADP who is collecting checks to be a mass donation to WILL, the Public Broadcasting station where Randy had worked for over 20 years. If you would like to make a donation in his name please make your check payable to: “UIF/Friends of WILL” and send it to the person who is doing the collecting and consolidating,
Rodney Grill
304 Chadwick Place
Helena, AL 35080-3141

All checks received will be counted and sent as one batch at the end of this month.

I just want to let you all know that I was able to get the music via a friend. Thank you all for your help. I'll check out the photo album next.

Glad I got to meet Randy back during RADP07. I remember Randy as a cool dude. My condolences go out to all his family and friends. Randy will be greatly missed.

Dear Randysis,

I met your brother in 5005 at the RADP meet. Here is a picture of us riding Spaceship Earth.

http://www.wvnh.net/radp/index.php?album=/radp10/&image=05-044.JPG

It was my first meet and I was very intimidated. Randy went out of his way to introduce me and to make me feel welcome.

His posts on RADP were always entertaining, helpful and techno genius.

Randy was a true gentleman, and I feel privileged to have met him.

Jenny (RADP jennydrake)

Thanks for posting, Carol.

I want to share a photo of how I'll always remember Randy:

Randy.jpg

Always with that hat and the Vest of Many Pockets. You'll see he's also got on those Magical Moments pins that lit up in certain attractions or when you touch them.

Randy, you will be missed.

I want to thank you all for your kind words about my brother, Randy (Tarp Man). His death is still quite a shock to our family. He was only 51. I want to thank Mike who posted the message of his death and to all of you for sharing your memories of my brother. It makes me feel like he's still living somehow. I hope his memory will not be completely forgotten.

I also want to thank all who were a part of the trips to WDW. That was a highlight of his year when he would make his trips to FL. Thank you for making his life so much happier. You were his extended family. He spoke fondly of you, and we almost felt we knew you through him. We had always hoped to join him some day...

We will be having a "Celebration of Life" memorial service to remember him on Saturday, May 24 at 2pm at the First Church of the Nazarene in Champaign, Illinois (2403 W. Kirby Ave.). If any of you are close and would like to join us, you are all welcome.

Thanks again.

Dear Randy's Sis:

He will definitely not be forgotten. I happen to know for a fact that someone who was acquainted Randy from one of the other forums is working on a gift for your parents that will remind them of how much Randy will be missed, and remembered.

Don't worry- we won't forget him.

2515509274_e475262b69_o.jpg

hugs. . .

Thanks for posting, Carol.

I want to share a photo of how I'll always remember Randy:

Always with that hat and the Vest of Many Pockets. You'll see he's also got on those Magical Moments pins that lit up in certain attractions or when you touch them.

Randy, you will be missed.

I remember the time a whole big group of RADPers was late to the campfire meet because of a snag at Trail's End and those of us already there were trying to hold seats for the late arrivals and anxiously watching for them. Here they came over the little bridge with Randy leading the way.....all of his pins touched and activated, blinking for all the world to see. The beacon announcing their arrival.

I am very new here so probably none of you know me. I am Tarp Man's brother-in-law and the minister who officiated at his memorial event. Our family and I want to thank you for your warm remarks. We were able to read many of them during the event. All of us appreciated what you had to say. It was very touching to realize how many lives that Randy touched. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!