Riding every ride and seeing every show

Barbara C

First trip since Covid - leaving 4/10!!
Hi -

My children and I are arriving on Sunday and will be staying for a month (off-site though). We were talking last night and were trying to figure out if we could ride every ride and see every show at least once. We will go to the parks for at least a few hours each day. Do you think this is possible? Have you ever done it in one trip?

Thanks!

I would think that it would be very possible to accomplish this feat in 30 park days if that is the mission. We have not done this yet in over 10 visits but we weren't trying to either. Good luck. By the way, I jealous of your spending 30 days at WDW.

I totally think this is possible! There have been people who did every ride in all 4 parks (no shows though) in just one day! If you make use of FastPass+, it should be pretty easy to get into all of the major rides pretty easily, though you may have to just suck it up and wait for a couple of the most popular ones (Frozen, the new Avatar ones, and possibly Mine Train all come to mind). Varying what times you're spending those few hours in park each day will also help; lines definitely fluctuate differently at each ride depending on time of day, and there are a couple of attractions and lots of shows with limited times (Main Street Vehicles in MK only operates for 90 min-2 hours in the mornings, for example). This sounds like a lot of fun; I'm so jealous you get to spend a whole month just cruising around the parks!

I think you will have no problem doing it. We were there for 3 weeks and did every ride, the ones with height restrictions I did by myself, and every show except Fantasmic, not because we didn't have time but because we really liked the Star Wars show and saw that multiple times.
We also did some of the popular kids rides a ton, didn't keep track but my guess for Pirates and Little Mermaid and dumbo and similar rides at least a dozen times each.
We also had tons of pool time
One morning I hit HS myself and did RNR and ToT because our daughter was too young and I didn't want her to wait around for more than 1 ride that she couldn't do
Have fun, maybe keep track of the rides you do for the whole trip and get a total? I've done that before and enjoyed it.

I've lived here 2 years and been on multiple trips as an annual passholder before that and I don't think I've done every single ride/show/attraction in all four parks. But there's certain things I just don't care about, like Swiss Family Treehouse (or as I call it, Stairs: The Ride).

That sounds totally doable in a month. We get close in a week. Like mentioned above, that is with repeating our favorites.

In 2010, DH and I did it! We were there for 11 days and made it our mission to do every ride and show, easily finished in that time period

If you have a month, it won't be a problem.
Honestly, all 4 parks can be completed in a week if not less.

I would sit down with the WDW site and map out what you consider a show/attraction (every WS act? The street performers at DAK? Dance Parties?)

Say there are 100 items on the list (62 FP+ attractions assuming nothing is down though this include M&Gs, plus parades, nighttime entertainment, other shows)
If you go every day, doing 3-4 a day for 30 days will have to complete it all.

Bump it up to 5 things a day and you can even take a few days off here and there

If the few hours that you are in the parks are rope drop or closing, you can knock a good number out without needing FP. Throw in FP and you can easily get more than 5 things done in just a few hours.

Considering there are people who have managed every ride in a single day I'd say that it's 100% possible to do it all in a month, even adding in all shows. You could do it in a week. A month would be easy.

Definitely -- we have managed to ride every ride in MK in one day and that was on memorial day weekend. So if you have it spread out like that I see absolutely no reason why you wouldn't be able to accomplish it. Have fun!!!

Even with "...at least a few hours each day" in the parks you should be able to accomplish your goal. Depending on how few hours a day you might want to do a rough plan to make sure you don't get to the fourth week with a long to-do list.

Time does tend to slip by, especially during the heat of the summer when all you'll feel like doing is relaxing by the pool with a cool drink.

Wishing you a magical month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter