Rideshare to marathon start line from Disney resort

atrain1024

Earning My Ears
Question… can you rideshare from beach club to starting line for the marathon so I can sleep in a bit more and avoid the buses??? Thx in advance….

No, the marathon start is on a main road and the only way to get there is to walk from the Epcot parking lot. You can take a rideshare to Epcot, but I don't know if I would trust it with the road closures and it being so early in the morning.

Everyone needs to go through security at the main entrance for Epcot no matter how you get there. It is a long walk from security to the race area and about a mile walk from the race area to the corrals. There is usually a hard close for corral A at 4:30am because they are moved to the start line. Corral B is closed not long after.

You can certainly ride-share, but just be aware that the later you leave the resort will mean an increase in traffic. Buena Vista drive, the exit to World Drive and World Drive itself often become a parking lot. Ride-share, passenger drop off and the buses both take an immediate right after going through the Epcot toll booth so make sure the driver is aware of that.

I have seen runners miss their start because of being delayed by traffic. Keep in mind the busses also have to contend with the traffic. Getting stuck in traffic will only increase your stress level which will be high enough already. I have actually started leaving the resort extra early and driving to Epcot. I then set all the alarms I have and take a nap. Eliminates the stress of traffic and I get a few extra minutes of sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter