Rides with steps question

luvbwv

Half of my heart is in heaven.
I cannot walk steps due to knee surgery. I won’t be using a scooter or wheelchair. Is there a separate entrance for rides like Toy Story Mania? I have no problem waiting in line, just wondering if there is a “stair free” entrance? Thanks!

I have a similar problem. I can do a few short stairs, but a whole flight of stairs after standing or walking for a while makes my knee blow up.

Toy Story Midway Mania - not a separate entrance, but when you get close to the front (I think it's where the fast pass join in) you can let them know you can't do stairs and they'll direct you a different way.

For Splash Mountain - let them know near the begining of the line, there is a separate way to go without stairs.

I cannot walk steps due to knee surgery. I won’t be using a scooter or wheelchair. Is there a separate entrance for rides like Toy Story Mania? I have no problem waiting in line, just wondering if there is a “stair free” entrance? Thanks!
The rides with steps with separate lines is space ( you will go in the FP line) every thing else you will go in the standby or if you have a FP this line. One of the track dose not have step ( for TSM) then other one dose you will just need to let the CM know you can not do steps when you hit the merge points

Splash also has steps but it is further in line

Last edited:
the 3rd track does not have steps. let the CM near the stairs know you cant do steps and they will send you that why and it is no longer the handicapped load area for Toy Story. for Splash Mountain there is a pull out on the main que that the wheelchairs use that they can send you and yes they sent me that way when I was using my cane not wheelchair. both of these rides send you thru the main que to the pull out or the devide for each track

Remember that most of the boat rides have "steps" in and out - thinking now of Pirates, Frozen, Jungle Cruise, etc. Even boats like Small World may have a big "step over" where you might have to be able to lift your knees high enough. And many rides in general require a "step" in or out, so remember to plan accordingly.

Also, be careful if you decide to do the PeopleMover - while it isn't steps, some folks with bad knees or hips can find the inclined walkway uncomfortable going up and/or down.

Also, be careful if you decide to do the PeopleMover - while it isn't steps, some folks with bad knees or hips can find the inclined walkway uncomfortable going up and/or down.

Yes! That down walkway kills me but I can do it. Also Pirates seems to have a slanted down walk way - or maybe just cause it's dark. Coming off FOP is down as well but fortunately for that one I can bring the scooter. I'd rather do steps one at a time than walk those slanted walkways.

If you ride FOP tell the CM at the mirage point thst you can not do steps while there is no steps in line depending on where you go their are step from the exit

The new ride in SWGE also has step but I think all the exit also have an elevator when you get your card you go in a room where you can look around. Find a CM in this room and let them know you can not do steps they should be able to give you a room to accommodate your needs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!