Rides for 15mo old?

kylesmom2001

Earning My Ears
Can someone please let me know which rides my 15 month old son go on specifically. The WDW site and others seem vague...
Thank you soooo much! We'll be going to the main 4 parks in Jan.

Anything without a height restriction you choose to take him on. Which means that if you want to take him into Pirates of the Carribean or Haunted Mansion - you can (and at 15 months he will probably be far too little to comprehend that these are scary rides for four and five year olds).

At 15 months he will especially like: Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, Pooh, the Tiki Birds, Country Bear Jamboree at all MK.

People watching at Epcot (I think the only rides with a height restriction there are test track and body wars). Looking at the fish at The Living Seas.

Shows at MGM (although the 3D movies are hard until the kids are 3 or 4 - they don't leave their glasses on).

The zoo portions of AK and the safari.

You know about Baby Swap? Both parents go through the line for something with a height restriction, one rides while the other holds the baby and as soon as Dad gets off, Mom hands him the baby and takes her turn.

At that age our DD loved the Playhouse Disney show at MGM. Funny, because although she watches the shows daily getting ready for school she was not into the show at all now (she'll be 3 in a week.) She also loved the live stage shows, especially the Festival of the Lion King at AK. She was a bit intimidated by the noise initially but warmed up to it very quickly.

As for non-attraction things, she could have spent an entire day chasing ducks around on the beach at the resorts. She also loved being in the pool, we held her and swam, did not use any inflating things - not sure you can.

I don't know about anyone else's experience. The first time I took my 2 yo to WDW, the first thing we went to see was the Tiki Tiki Room. I didn't know they had changed the show, and it absolutely terrified my son. Not only was he devastated that Iago (from Aladdin) got "blown up" (he reemerges later), but the dancing tree woman was very frightening. For the rest of the trip, he wouldn't go into anything that was remotely dark.

A bit of warning on the new Figment ride (Journey into Imagination), there is one part where it gets completely dark and gets very loud (I don't want to give anything away...) and my son tried climbing up on my with the death grip. My son was 13 months old at the time (his 3rd trip to WDW!!). He went on it again and it wasn't so bad, but just wanted to warn you.

Have a good trip. We go back in October and I can't wait!

Start out with the easy safe rides and see how he does. When our DD was 9 months old she rode most everything, but when we got stopped on HM she started to cry in the dark (we think that she thought we wanted her to nap and she didn't want to.) It was about 10 min in the dark, we sang songs to her until she felt better. This year she will be 23 months old. We plan to bring a small key chain flash light with us for situations like that.

Also we knew not to try Honey I Shrunk the Audience, but thought she might like Muppets 3D because she loves them. We forgot that it is VERY LOUD and many things explode and blow up. Not sure if we are going to try it again this year, will wait and see how she does on other things.

Have fun.

BTW, take things to amuse your son while standing in line. Once they are mobil it can be hard to keep them in content in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter