Rides & Attractions For A 9 Month Old

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
Going to WDW w/ my (then to be) 9 month old daughter...

What rides will she be able to go on?
What attractions would she enjoy?
What would be good for her?

What strategy to use? Starting my planning. Don't know what to expect w/ 9 month old. Can anyone w/ past experience enlighten me? Thanks for your input.

Hi LeeAnn. Welcome to the DIS. I'm very glad that you found us and I hope you can visit often.

I'm going to put a copy of this question on our Families board because I think there are a lot of experts over there with experience taking babies this age to WDW and I think you will get some excellent advice there.

Katholyn

Hi LeeAnn-
We took our DD when she was 9 months and had a great time. She was able to ride anything that didn't have a height restriction and did just fine on all of them. At that age, they are too young to be scared by the "content" of any of the attractions and the rides without height restrictions are "tame" enough that you can easily hold your baby in your lap. We took our Snugli, but found it easier to just carry her when she wasn't in the stroller. However, other people on these boards have sworn by their carriers, so you may find it helpful.

She was (and still is) an early-riser, so we hit the parks as soon as they opened and then left for an afternoon break. We then headed back out in the evenings. She slept in her stroller when she got tired. She even slept through Illuminations. She enjoyed dinner with Pooh even though she didn't know the characters. She was still fascinated with them.

Good luck with your planning.

My ds at 8 months old (last October) has a blast when we had dinner with Pooh and Friends. We have about 25 minutes of video and him laughing and petting the characters. We did not actually go into any of the parks in October, so as far as attractions, I can give no advice.

Again, welcome to the Disboards, LeeAnn. Hopefully some of us veterans, can give you some information to help make your trip even more enjoyable.

Edward

Our daughter was 7 months old when she went to WDW for the first time. She loved the animals at AK. The Bone Yard sand box was one of her favorites. She loves music too and the legend of the Lyon King show really captured her attention.

But remember, each child is different. Just enjoy being there and take lots of pictures of them!

I haven't had a baby on any of the rides, so I can't tell you what your daughter would like...but here is a list of the height restricted rides that she CAN'T go on, if that helps any:

MK: Tomorrowland Speedway 52" to drive alone, Alien Encounter 44", Big Thunder Mt 40", Splash Mt 40", Space Mt 44", Barnstormer 35"

EP: Test Track 40", Body Wars 40"

MGM: Rock'n'Roller Coaster 48", Star Tours 40", Tower of Terror 40"

AK: Primeval Whirl 48", Dinosaur 40", Kali River Rapids 38"

That leaves a LOT of rides that she CAN go on, as far as height goes anyway. (I hope I didn't miss anything!?):Pinkbounc

My DD (9m) has never been on any "ride" except the pony at Meijers.

What is the best way to ease her into the rides at WDW?
I don't want to overwelm her right away, she is actually very fearless and I have yet to find anything to scare her.

So, just wondering if there is any particular "test" ride?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter