Rider Switch, Standby, and Fastpass

Nuclear Monkey

Mouseketeer
So I am looking at a trip in late August with 2 adults, an 8 year old, and a 2 year old. We have 3 fp+ in sequence with the first being splash mountain at 9am. If the standby queue is short we could use that instead of the fp. If my wife gets a rider switch, will it overwrite her fastpass? Since Splash is a long ride I don't want to risk the standby staying short, but if I don't need the fp I would like to reschedule them for a ride after noon (or reschedule splash for then). Any advice for how digital rider switch works in this situation?

I would keep things as you have them. Remember that you can use a 9:00 fast pass right up until 10 or 10:15 with the grace period, so I would do that. You can potentially get through all of Adventureland in that first hour. That’s exactly what we did last week. We hit jungle cruise, magic carpets, and pirates standby with literally no waits, then used a 9:00 FP for splash around 10:00. After splash we used our 10:00 fast pass for big thunder.

My mom and sister took my 18 month old to the splash mountain play area while the rest of us rode, and then my mom and sis took my four year old with her when it was her turn to rider swap, so my four year old could go twice. In order for my son to go twice and qualify for rider swap, we all had to approach the fast pass area and scan our bands. The cast members asked who was gping in the first group, who was going in the second group, and who was going twice, and they scanned our bands accordingly.

After the first round of riders, my 18 month old was done with the playground, so my husband and i took her into the briar patch shop and she played with stuffed animals for ten minutes. It worked great!

When the group proceeded to big thunder we took turns giving her snacks in the stroller. Since big thunder is so much shorter, she didn’t have as long to wait around.

After the first round of riders, my 18 month old was done with the playground, so my husband and i took her into the briar patch shop and she played with stuffed animals for ten minutes. It worked great!

I just had to comment...that’s funny...my son was also 18 months when we went and the only meltdown he had the whole week was when we had to pry him out of that play area. I didn’t think we would ever get him out of there!!

I just had to comment...that’s funny...my son was also 18 months when we went and the only meltdown he had the whole week was when we had to pry him out of that play area. I didn’t think we would ever get him out of there!!

She really just needed some AC. We quickly discovered that the plush displays at the stores were one of her favorite things at Disney, so we always had something to keep her occupied during rider swap! The one exception was Soarin. I guess they haven’t really sold plush in the Land pavilion since kitchen kaberet. She had lots of snacks and took a ride on Nemo during the swaps there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter