Rider swap question

lucifie

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been asked but I didn't see any previous threads that address the exact situation. We are a family of 6 and we will be using DAS for my daughter who will be 15 the next time we go. We have used rider swap when my youngest was too small for some of the rides but by the time we go again, she'll probably be tall enough for everything. The issue is my older daughter. She's big enough for any of the rides, but she doesn't enjoy a lot of the bigger rides and because developmentally she's more like a toddler, she can't be left alone while the rest of us ride. Can we use rider swap with her even though she is tall enough for the rides?

You will get differing answers on this. On the Disney website, rider swap is available for anyone not wanting to ride. The problem is, that is not what most people find in the park. Most CMs will only issue rider swap pass if you have a child too small for the ride. They will want to see the child. In our case they made us take our little one out of the stroller to verify she was too small. Basically, you can try but you may not be given a pass.

I would go to the ride and talk to the CM at the ride and explain your situation I have heard sometimes they have the whole group wait in line ( but if she has a DAS she more then likely can not wait in lines). I would also do your FP for rides you know she will not ride and this way you can split up and go on the ride. and use her DAS for ride s she want to go on.

If you do use FP for rides she won't be riding, you could always stagger them. Like the rest of the family gets one from 1-2 and whoever waits gets one from 1:20-2:20 to give you a little extra time to switch. If you get another FP for your daughter then someone can ride again with whoever waits when they go.

You most likely will not be given a rider swap if she's tall enough to ride. You also can't use the DAS unless she is riding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts