Rider Swap- How Does This Work?

DHisaDisneyScrooge

Earning My Ears
Last time we went to Disney my son was 2. My husband and I used RS a few times. When we did our daughter rode once with each of us.

This time the older 2 are 7 & 10 and the babies are 2. If we use RS do we each get one older kid or do they both get to ride with each of us?

Each of you should be able to ride with both of the older kids....when we went it was usually me, my daughter and granddaughter while son inlaw stayed with 2 year old...3 of us went on without a problem using RS passes.

Sorry to jump in with a question:

If I have a fastpass with my 2 older kids for a ride and my husband does not and stays with the little ones, can he still jump in line with the older 2 when I am done?

Sorry to jump in with a question:

If I have a fastpass with my 2 older kids for a ride and my husband does not and stays with the little ones, can he still jump in line with the older 2 when I am done?
Yes. My husband and I actually double our fastpass selections this way. You just have to make sure the CM at the entrance to the attraction sees your spouse with a child too small to ride and you ask for the swap pass.

So how does this work going we are going with our daughters aged 7 and 1. So we all wait in line and then two get on and we tell them we want a swap pass? Will we have to carry the one year old through the line as most times you have to park your stroller? First time going with kids

So how does this work going we are going with our daughters aged 7 and 1. So we all wait in line and then two get on and we tell them we want a swap pass? Will we have to carry the one year old through the line as most times you have to park your stroller? First time going with kids
Parent1 and 7yr old go on ride while Parent2 and 1yr old wait outside the ride. If the 1yr old is too short to ride the ride they aren't even allowed to queue...

So this is exactly how it works:

Parent1 must request a rider swap from the CM at the ride entrance, CM must see infant with Parent2.

CM will give you a pass to hand to the CM at the end of the line, that CM will in turn give you the official Rider Switch pass.

Parent1 and 7yr old ride attraction and when they come off the ride, Parent1 stays with infant while Parent2 goes through the Fast Pass line with 7yr old.

Each Rider Switch is good for up to 3 riders so your older DD will be able to ride twice!

I'd recommend that you have a FP+ scheduled for the rides you want to use the rider switch on, so that the parent staying with the infant isn't waiting for a terribly long time for you both to get back.

The CM at the entrance either gives you a lanyard to take with you and hand to another CM before loading the ride and they will give you a Rider switch pass (that looks like an old FP).....or the entrance CM will go ahead and give you a RS pass before entering the line. On our trip this past October at test track and dinosaur we were handed a lanyard at the entrance to give to another CM before boarding, but at 7DMT we were given the rider switch pass at the entrance.

Yes. My husband and I actually double our fastpass selections this way. You just have to make sure the CM at the entrance to the attraction sees your spouse with a child too small to ride and you ask for the swap pass.

How does this work? We are traveling to Disney with my parents and our 4 year old son. My son will not ride rides like Splash Mountain, ToT and 7DMT. (I believe that he will be afraid as well as not meeting the height requirement.) Do we all need fastpasses for each ride or do only some of us need it and use rider swap?

My husband and I are going with our 2yo. Can we use rider switch so I can ride while my husband waits with our son, and then we switch and my husband rides while I wait with our son? Or do you have to have a child that is riding too?

My husband and I are going with our 2yo. Can we use rider switch so I can ride while my husband waits with our son, and then we switch and my husband rides while I wait with our son? Or do you have to have a child that is riding too?
You don't have to have a second child who is riding. What you what to do with your family of 3 is exactly correct.

Parent1 and 7yr old go on ride while Parent2 and 1yr old wait outside the ride. If the 1yr old is too short to ride the ride they aren't even allowed to queue...

So this is exactly how it works:

Parent1 must request a rider swap from the CM at the ride entrance, CM must see infant with Parent2.

CM will give you a pass to hand to the CM at the end of the line, that CM will in turn give you the official Rider Switch pass.

Parent1 and 7yr old ride attraction and when they come off the ride, Parent1 stays with infant while Parent2 goes through the Fast Pass line with 7yr old.

Each Rider Switch is good for up to 3 riders so your older DD will be able to ride twice!

I'd recommend that you have a FP+ scheduled for the rides you want to use the rider switch on, so that the parent staying with the infant isn't waiting for a terribly long time for you both to get back.
Awesome. We will have a similar scenario in September (going with our girls, an infant and a 4-y-o). This is great info to have. I was going to be cranky if I had to ride alone without my riding buddy. Thanks!

How does this work? We are traveling to Disney with my parents and our 4 year old son. My son will not ride rides like Splash Mountain, ToT and 7DMT. (I believe that he will be afraid as well as not meeting the height requirement.) Do we all need fastpasses for each ride or do only some of us need it and use rider swap?
Sorry it to me a while to respond. If no one else has answered this yet, for example my husband can make FP for 7DMT and get a rider switch pass when boarding for me, and then I go through the FP lane with the rider switch pass. Then I can make a FP for splash mt. and we do the same in reverse, and then use our other two selections on say, jungle cruise and Peter Pan. With a rider switch pass you go through the FP line but show the pass in lieu of using the Mickey touch points. You obviously have to have small children visible and can only do it with rides with a height requirement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!