Rider Swap for Soarin'

Gentry2004

DIS Veteran
Are they really making people bring babies down to the Soarin' entrance even though the Land does not allow strollers? Or can my sister stay outside with the baby in her stroller and we get the swap for her? I sort of understand this new process at normal rides, but the Land seems really inconvenient, especially for sleeping babies.

we definitely had to show our baby in late June. It really wasn’t a big deal. We went down with everyone, and then my mom and sister took the 18 month old for a snack at sunshine seasons while my husband and I took our son on Soarin. When we swapped, our daughter had had enough of sunshine seasons, so my husband and I took her on Nemo while my mom and sis rode with my son. We all met up at imagination after. Just try to time it when the baby won’t be napping if that is a potential issue.

About a year ago, we saw a CM outside the Land pavilion and asked and we were told we had to bring our toddler inside for a Soarin RS. When we got in and up to the queue, that CM told us that they didn't expect parents to bring a young child in there since the pavilion doesn't accomodate strollers. We rode Soarin several other times on the trip and received RS without bringing him in without any issues.

Many people on here have posted on other threads however of having to show their little one inside, so my guess is that it used to depend on the day and the CM. If you want to try not taking the baby in, I'd suggest having them wait near the pavilion so you can call or text if the baby does need to be brought in. With them now having to scan magic bands to add the rider swap pass however, unless there is a CM standing outside the pavilion who is doing this, I would expect to have to bring the too short child in, otherwise, how would you actually get the rider swap added to your band?

Last edited:
Take a camera photo of your baby in stroller in front of something identifiable as the entrance to The Land pavilion. Show the cast member the photo that your sister and baby are outside waiting, and they'll have no issues giving you a rider swap.

I stand corrected. I just read that the new all-digital rider switch system (that has replaced the old paper version) now has the cast member at the podium scan a "rider switch FP" onto the Magic Band/Park Ticket of the "non-riding person" (i.e. your sister) and anyone else who will be going in the second group (i.e. the additional companions, or even someone like an older child who gets to go twice). This "rider switch FP" is also timed to go when the first group is done riding. The old paper fastpasses used to be valid through the end of the day, or even end of the month. But now you have a much, much shorter window to for the second group to go.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/rider-switch

Yup, we were told we had to leave the stroller outside the Land to go into Soarin. My daughter was awake, if she was sleeping I wonder if they would have let it slide.

We went up to the CM, they let me in for Stand By and scanned my husbands Magic Band. He waited with our daughter and then went in directly after I came out to get her.

We had to show our baby and leave the stroller outside. The non-rider has to scan the band. It is fine. The baby and I rode Living with the Land while everyone else did Soarin. Then we switched and DH and my mom rode Living with the Land while my girls and I rode Soarin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter