Ride Wait Times

vadersprincess12

Mouseketeer
Curious about ride wait times at Disneyland and California Adventure. Just completed a trip to Disney World and cannot believe some of the wait times for attractions - most are over an hour with some being as much as 3-5 hours (Pandora Flight of Passage). We were starting to plan a visit to FL for later this year but not sure it's worth it if the wait times are crazy. Thanks!

I would definitely recommend downloading the Disneyland app and browsing through the wait times for a general idea of what the day-to-day looks like. When I go during slower times of year, I rarely see lines over 1.5 hours for e-ticket rides, even on weekends, and the less popular rides are often walk-ons. During peak summer or holidays, you're still going to see some of those multi-hour lines. I imagine 3+ hours will be the norm in Galaxy's Edge.

Don't forget to factor FP/MP into your ride wait time scenario. For rides that are on the FP system at DLR, having a FP can cut your wait time significantly. On average, we wait about 10 minutes (sometimes less, sometimes a bit more) in a FP return line. And since FPs at DLR cannot be booked until the day of when you activate your ticket at the gate, all rides are available to every guest with an active ticket every morning until FPs run out for each ride for the day. Also remember that some lines have Single Rider -- that can cut a wait time by a significant amount, too. For rides that aren't on the FP system, using the precious morning hours can really cut your wait time. When looking at wait times on the app, note the difference between wait times in the mornings vs. afternoon and evening wait times for non-FP rides to see what I mean.

Curious about ride wait times at Disneyland and California Adventure. Just completed a trip to Disney World and cannot believe some of the wait times for attractions - most are over an hour with some being as much as 3-5 hours (Pandora Flight of Passage). We were starting to plan a visit to FL for later this year but not sure it's worth it if the wait times are crazy. Thanks!
A couple factors influence WDW vs DLR wait times.

1. It appears that WDW has begun using FP+ information as a guide to how many people will be coming to the parks and then on low crowd days reducing staffing at rides which increases wait time - DLR does not have this info and thus cannot really do this as precisely as WDW

2. DLR parks have a a lot more rides in each park than the WDW parks - so more places for people to spread out.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter