Ride Refurbs

mundaremom

Mouseketeer
I am sure this question was asked before but I feel it is a good question to ask again. Which Ride Refurb list do you trust? I read one where it said California Screamin is closed Oct, Nov, Dec reopening January which is great with me because I don't do that ride, but I also read on another board that it was not going to be closed and Matterhorn is? I haven't been able to get on to the actual Disney site to check their listing. Any suggestions?

I also trust the weekly mouseplanet updates as well as the DL calendar.......Here it is from this monday. It's showing matterhorn closing but no word on california screamin' yet.

Disneyland
Main Street Mad Hatter closed until June 30 for refurbishment and expansion.

Fantasmic! dark June 17 - June 28, 2006, for activities surrounding premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Sailing Ship Columbia closed June 17 - June 28, 2006, for decoration and then removal of decoration related to premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Matterhorn Bobsleds closed August 28 - November 22 for complete refurbishment.

Haunted Mansion closed September 5 - September 28 for installation of Haunted Mansion Overlay.

Disneyland Railroad closed September 18 - September 22 for unknown reasons, probably general maintenance.

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is currently under construction and will open sometime in 2007.

Disney's California Adventure
Francis' Lady Bug Boogie closed June 17 - July 13 for general maintenance.

Hmmm. Ride refurbs http://www.riderefurbs.com has had CA Screamin listed as going down for quite awhile. And in the past they have been pretty trustworthy.

I checked Mouseplanet back to April and they have never listed CA Screamin as going down. In this case I would trust MousePlanet more.

Where exactly does Mouseplanet list the ride refurbs? Thanks. Deb

calena said:
Where exactly does Mouseplanet list the ride refurbs? Thanks. Deb
You need to go to the DisneyLand Park Update. There is a link at the top of the update, or you can scroll down - it is usually near the bottom. Screamin is now listed as going down on Oct. 2, FWIW, in yesterday's update.

tigger0215 said:
We trust Disneyland.com
Not to shoot you down, but as discussed in the MousePlanet DLR park update, and for many people it is considered common knowledge, the disneyland.com info is frequently inaccurate.

true.. i guess i lied then.. i say 60% of the time we trust Disneyland.com.. the other 40% other websites ;)

Bummer about Matterhorn getting shut down. :sad2:
My boyfriend and I are taking a weekend trip to DCA and DL for his bday in October. I'm sad it won't be open. Same with California Screamin'. Thats his favorite ride at DCA and I promised I would ride it with him for his bday. (I get motion sickness from any roller coaster that has a shoot out start. So I normally don't ride it.)
Oh well. We just might have to take a day trip up there in September. :bitelip:
Thanks for the info!

Oh, if Matterhorn is closed til Nov.22 that means I won't get to ride it!!

I may never get back to DL as I am from the UK and this is atrip to Vegas as well, and I really wanted to do Matterhorn as it was an original ride from Walts time!

Do they sometimes over exaggerate the times to cover themselves in case the work runs over schedule? I hope I will be able to go on it!

I can't see when the Disneyland.com site says its back up as the dates go to Oct 31!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter