Rich Hyams - Scholarship Fund - UPDATED

Just mailed a check to the fund today, should have waited maybe. Oh well.

May Rich's path to Heaven be as short as the halls at OKW.

I got a message back from Pete that it was okay to do something from the Board, but it sounded like they were working on a plan.... I don't know any more than that... Sounds great to me though, whatever is planned....

If needs be, can I send some money to someone who has a Paypal account, which they can then add on to their check?

Count the Reardon family from Atlanta in. Just waiting to hear how we are proceeding....

Thanks so much to those who have already read and replied to this thread. I know that the contributions that members of the DISBoard family make to the scholarship fund will be deeply appreciated.

After much thought, and many conversations with different people, it has been decided that it would be best if people made individual contributions, and/or signed the online guestbook. The logistics of keeping track of all of the donations - even with the advent of Paypal could be a logistical nightmare. Individual donations will be quicker and easier in the long run.

Thanks for letting us know. We're in too!! He shared way too much to let this pass.

Great idea. Thanks for getting the necessary information.

Thanks for the addtional information, HookdonWDW. With your help, my note and contribution are ready to be mailed.

Count us in too.....

Awaiting any group instructions

Thanks
Jason & Susan "jaysue"

I would also like to contribute and will check this board for information.

I think contributing to the scholarship fund is a wonderful gesture.

I suspect there are many people here who would like to chip in a little something, even though they never met Rich in person. However, they feel awkward about sending a check for only $5 or $10. So, I'm concerned that if there is no way to do a joint contribution, many people will just not contribute at all.

I propose that some active person on the board use their own paypal account to accumulate a contribution that will be sent to the scholarship fund. I personally would have no trouble trusting a member of the "DIS family" to forward my contribution. However, for those who might be concerned, there are various ways to make sure that the money goes where it is intended. For example, a second active member here could be given permission to look at the paypal account and see how much was donated, and check with the family to make sure that they received the proper amount.

I am not that active here, so I don't think I'd be an appropriate person to collect the money. But, I hope a volunteer steps forward.

I posted this last night on the "In Memoriam" Post, but got no response. Then I saw this thread was "updated," so thought maybe there was new information about sending donations, but that's not what it was. So I'm putting my original post here also:

I'm not sure exactly where to post this, with all the threads on Rich being consolidated into one. I sent a card and a donation to the address in Doc's post. It came back to me today with "Return to Sender, Undeliverable as addressed, unable to forward."

I mailed it on 9/10 and it is postmarked in Fort Lauderdale on 9/14. I double checked the address and I have it EXACTLY as Doc has it posted.

Did this happen to anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter