Rich Hyams - Scholarship Fund - UPDATED

HookdonWDW

<font color=990066>Yankee Girl in a Southern Belle
I exchanged messages with Lisa Hyams yesterday, and she shared some information with me, that she has now given me permission to share with the rest of Rich's DISboard "family".

For those of you who were questioning how Rich died, it was related to the aeortic heart valve problems he was treated for four years ago. Since Rich was diagnosed with a heart condition at age 38, he became uninsurable.

Rich and Lisa's daughter Jacqui is in the 11th grade, and the family has set up a scholarship fund for Jacqui's college education. The fund will be controlled by the family.

If you are interested in contributing to the scholarship fund, or want to send a personal message to the family, Lisa asks that you do so through the funeral home. Contributions should be made to: The Jacqueline Hyams Education Fund c/o the Hyams Family.

The address for sending things is:

The Hyams Family
c/o TM Ralph Funeral Home
371 NW136th Street
Sunrise, FL 33325

If you need further information, the phone number for the funeral home is (954)587-6888.

If you will be in the Sunrise area, and would like to attend the memorial, it will be held at the funeral home on Sunday, from 2:00 - 4:00 pm.

The funeral home has assured me that they will continue to forward letters that arrive for the family after Sunday.

Since the logistics of handling a group donation would be very cumbersome and could become a logistical nightmare, donations will be on an individual basis. It would be nice if people would put their DISBoard name with their contribution so the family knows that we are thinking of them during this time.

Thank you for taking the time to acquire this information.

I very much would like to contribute. Do you think there is a way we could do one big Dis Contribution?

If not, I'll still send something along personally. I just thought it would be nice if it came from the Dis.

Thank you again for finding this information out.

April

I second the thought of a group DIS donation. With all of the pages of people who miss him, just a little from each of us seems like it'd make a difference!

I think one donation from the DIS would speak volumes. Just think what $5 from each of us that frequent the DVC board could do for Jacquline's future! I would love to contribute.

I would LOVE to contribute to this fund!!! Do you think the Dis could set something up like that? Do you think they would? If not, I can send them a check, but I would rather it be one unified group from here.

:wave:

Beca

Ditto for us on the group contribution. I think that is a great idea.

Also interested in a group donation here as well... Has anyone emailed a moderator or anything?

thank you so much!!!

I don't think the Dis can - they have had other people die here - some were also very special.

So I think this is an individual thing.

Of course we need a moderator to say for sure.

at least now there is a place to send letters and things - someone needs to print out all the Rich things that are going around and send that too....

You can always write on your check - your name here and the dis.....

on the insurance things get me so mad - all of finanical advisiors tell you that you don't need insurance - yea - if you expect to be in perfect health until you die at an old age you don't - the rest of us do - I have insurance since I turn 22 and I intend to kept mind...

I am so sorry Lisa is going thought this!!!

There are 22 pages of condolences in Rich's thread. If there are 15 messages per page, that's over 330 messages. If each person that posted sent $5 or $10, we could contribute over $2500 to Jacqueline's education fund. That's one lunch out or a cup of fancy coffee! I know we all can spare that much to help out a young lady that just lost her father and lift a small burden off a wife that just lost her husband. I know I will be sending in a check this week, and I hope everyone here will do the same.

I just e-mailed WebmasterPete regarding DIS participation. If he does not post here, I'll let you know what he says.

Doc is already aware of this issue, and is investigating it. I was waiting to respond until he had a chance to come up with an answer.

Maybe we could contribute through PayPal to WebmasterPete or Doc and then they could take the funds and convert it into a check.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
April

I will gladly contribute to this. Looking forward to hearing more as to whether we should send individual checks.

Ditto on the contribution. I'd be more than happy to give. I love the idea of a group contribution and will participate in any way

You can count me in too. I'll keep an eye out for a group donation thing, but if not, I'll send a check to Florida. You know this will mean so much to that family.

I am in too. I will keep watch to see if the Dis does one larger contribution. If not, I will send a separate donation.

Thank you for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter