Rhinestone Minnie Ears

Stefy

Is it time for Disney yet???
Hi there :wave:

Sorry if this has been posted.

I am wanting to make my own set of ears for our upcoming trip in September. My idea is to use swarovski crystals to completely cover the ears with a bow in the middle. I don't want the ears to be weighed down with the crystals, so am in the process of looking for good quality pieces that aren't too heavy.

What I am trying to find out is what is the best backing/foam/boarding etc to stick them on to.

I am a complete novice and have never done anything like this before, but really want to try and give it a go.

Your help is greatly appreciated :-)

TIA
Stefy xx

I'd do a google search if you need directions to make the ears.

I have seen people cover stiff cardboard to make the ears and add bows and other miscellaneous items to make their ears.

I would think adding the crystals you might need something a little more durable/stiff than the cardboard. Maybe styro-foam or cut that foam that you use as a flower base when making centerpieces. You would need to cover either foam with material to make you ears.

Hope that helps just a little... Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion. In my head I was thinking that spongey kind of foam, almost like stale looking cake (if that make sense). Do you think styrofoam for the cushion and then thin cardboard on top and underneath to hold the crystals?

Yes, I personally would utilize the styrofoam between the two pieces of thin cardboard. I would cover them with black fabric is I had the choice (maybe even felt if I couldn't find a small amount of fabric). Hope you post when you are finished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter