Rhine River Cruise 2021

hilarys

Hilary S
So excited - we booked one of the June departures at 5am this morning! No problem getting our choice of cabins (French balcony on cello but the furthest from the back that we could get in that category). No problem getting the Meyer Werft tour either.

So very excited to look forward to our first ABD river cruise experience. Thanks for all the advice from everyone!

Anyone else book?

Yay!! So glad it worked out for you! I'm assuming that's 5am Pacific time? :)

Sayhello

Awesome! Happy you got what you wanted. I almost booked it, but my husband wanted to do the Rhône instead. He said going to Southern France in October just sounded like a better option. I thought for sure he’d jump at the Mercedes and Porsche museum on the Rhine and then I could sign up to see the Wish. Oh well, I’m happy with either one and this will be a fun trip. I’m sure seeing the Wish will be phenomenal. Enjoy

Awesome! Happy you got what you wanted. I almost booked it, but my husband wanted to do the Rhône instead. He said going to Southern France in October just sounded like a better option. I thought for sure he’d jump at the Mercedes and Porsche museum on the Rhine and then I could sign up to see the Wish. Oh well, I’m happy with either one and this will be a fun trip. I’m sure seeing the Wish will be phenomenal. Enjoy
I'll let you know all about the Rhône! I think it's a great itinerary! :)

Sayhello

The Rhone sounds awesome - if I were picking (and the shipyard tour wasn't involved) that would probably have been the river cruise that I started with or the Seine. I am really excited to be able to go to Switzerland though for the Rhine.

And did anyone get early booking discounts? (I'm trying to see how this all goes, as we are planning this trip for summer 2022 and would be booking next year.)

And did anyone get early booking discounts? (I'm trying to see how this all goes, as we are planning this trip for summer 2022 and would be booking next year.)
We did - but literally I think my TA's call may have been one of the first ones for June 17 as we had our pick of cabins.

We also got the early booking discount. I think it varies a lot by cruise date. From what I understand, the May 27th trip was sold out and went to waitlist status yesterday.

Good to hear. I think that we will have a few dates that will work for us, so hoping to get the EBD next year.

The Rhone sounds awesome - if I were picking (and the shipyard tour wasn't involved) that would probably have been the river cruise that I started with or the Seine. I am really excited to be able to go to Switzerland though for the Rhine.

I can’t wait to hear how the shipyard tour goes. You will have and amazing time! My husband is an avid photographer (hobby) and he was super excited to shoot in Southern France. The itinerary seems amazing, so I’m really excited. I also hope he likes it, so when the other ships are built, perhaps they will continue this as an option on the Rhine and I can take advantage 😀

@sayhello - I cant wait to hear about your trip. I’m sure it will be spectacular.

We also got the early booking discount. I think it varies a lot by cruise date. From what I understand, the May 27th trip was sold out and went to waitlist status yesterday.
I called today and that date was not sold out, It was sold out for early bird and wish excursion.

I called today and that date was not sold out, It was sold out for early bird and wish excursion.

Good to know. An agent posted on Facebook that it was waitlisted. She must have been referring to the shipyard tour and not the actual adventure. My bad.

Good to know. An agent posted on Facebook that it was waitlisted. She must have been referring to the shipyard tour and not the actual adventure. My bad.
The shipyard tour for the May 27th cruise is actually exclusively reserved by a Travel Agency (I post in a fb group they run). So I assume the Waitlist is in case the TA doesn't book enough slots to keep it exclusive.

Sayhello

I just called an audible and signed DH and I up for the 10/14/21 Food and Wine with EBD and the shipyard excursion. The excursion was the main draw, and I was convinced they wouldn't do sign ups at booking so I wasn't following too closely. So glad I checked the boards today. Anyway, we got BB, which I'm happy with. DH is 6'5 so those few extra square feet will be nice.

The "kids" (20 and 23) aren't going to be happy. Not sure I'll tell them for a while. But it isn't my fault if they don't know their post grad/work schedules yet, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!