Reviews of WDW recipes

schoen

DIS Veteran
I love to cook and I love WDW, so one of the ways that I keep the magic flowing between trips is to prepare Disney recipes. I am sure I am not the only one who frequents these boards who does this. Please share you experiences cooking Disney recipes at home. I'll start

Kahlua Pork Sliders (from the Food and Wine Fest cookbook 2013) recipe can be found by googling it

I made this recipe exactly as stated (except wrapping the pork roast in banana leaves) I also did not make my own rolls, but used Hawaiian rolls instead. It was AWESOME. Everyone at our party loved these sliders and the tropical flavors, and it really did taste like the ones at the food and wine fest. I made it for a small dinner party and it was a great choice because I could do it ahead of time. The adults loved it and so did the kids!

anyone else have good or bad experiences making disney recipes?

Good to know about the sliders! I might have to try that.

I made gingerbread men -- the DLR recipe with the cardamom (there are 2 on the website I saw, as I think GFlo? BC? one of the resorts had a slightly different kind). Turned out PERFECT! I made sure to put some melted milk chocolate on it plus the royal icing and it was perfect. DS was a huge fan.

Sliders with Hawaiian rolls sound delicious! What a fun idea to keep the magic alive in between vacations :)

I've made quite a few Disney recipes posted on this blog, who is a DIS regular (disclaimer: it's not me! haha). The DL Clam Chowder recipe is easy to make and pretty good!

On allears I've gotten several recipes. Dd loves the cheese soup, it's an all day recipe, you have to make homemade breadsticks to go with it , but it's worth it, brings me back to LeCellier and Awdw every time

I also miss MK Bakery when they had the French Toast loaf, another intense recipe, very rich, but. It's a must do at least once a year!

...the cheese soup, it's an all day recipe, you have to make homemade breadsticks to go with it...

We make the cheese soup fairly regularly, but definitely not an all day thing for us. Homemade breadsticks would be excellent, no doubt, but thankfully our grocery store has pretzel bread that is mighty close to the real deal, so for better or worse, a bowl of awesome soup with pretzel bread is frighteningly easy and convenient. We even skipped the soup at Food & Wine last fall as a result.

I will also occasionally make the cinnamon rolls from the Main Street Bakery (RIP). That is indeed a recipe that needs a little patience (waiting for dough to rise), but it's worth the wait.

We've also had our own little 'Ohana experience from time to time with coriander wings (but using the sauce on boneless breasts, as my wife is not a chicken-on-a-bone fan) and the noodles.

There is a board for cooking and sharing recipes. I think every recipe at wdw is there! Moving thread over. Enjoy!

It's quite rare that a Disney recipe doesn't work for me. Most of them are fabulous including the 2 I made for a dinner party tonight - the
Hoisin Chili Sticky Spare Ribs from Morimoto Asia , Disney Springs, WDW and the Coconut Yogurt Green Tea Cup from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival Party for the Senses 2009. SOOOO good and so many compliments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!