Is November or December available yet. I see the dates highlighted, but nothing available any night! Thanks! :)

Is the viewing area exclusive to the party guests or do they open it up after the fireworks starts? I would hate to pay for an exclusive experience to then see others who didn't pay be allowed in.

Also if I wanted to take a few cookies to go is that allowed or will I get in trouble for that?

Just wanted to let everyone know we did this last week and enjoyed the experience. We had 5 people in our party, so obviously not a cheap experience but after seeing the sea of people on Main Street I was so glad to have a spot. I have 3 children and they could see everything from our location. I love the new show and so glad we did this. Any questions, I would be glad to try and answer them.

I asked this in a separate thread not realizing this thread existed....

I am an amateur photographer who would very much like to take photographs of HEA during our upcoming trip in October. We are considering springing for this experience, and part of my decision is based on whether or not I would be able to use a tripod in the reserved viewing area. Would it be possible for me to bring a tripod? More importantly, is there ample room so that I would not be interfering with the enjoyment of other guests? The absolute last thing I want to be is the guy everyone talks about after their trip who ruined the show.

Many thanks in advance for any insight you all can provide!

More importantly, is there ample room so that I would not be interfering with the enjoyment of other guests? The absolute last thing I want to be is the guy everyone talks about after their trip who ruined the show.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say "thanks" for being considerate enough to ask! :)

I am an amateur photographer who would very much like to take photographs of HEA during our upcoming trip in October. We are considering springing for this experience, and part of my decision is based on whether or not I would be able to use a tripod in the reserved viewing area. Would it be possible for me to bring a tripod? More importantly, is there ample room so that I would not be interfering with the enjoyment of other guests? The absolute last thing I want to be is the guy everyone talks about after their trip who ruined the show.!

DH has taken tripod pics for years and often in the Plaza viewing area when it was the FP area. He always sat up at the back, in front of the fence so that he didn't block anybody. He always got great pics and never had a problem with people in front.

Is the viewing area exclusive to the party guests or do they open it up after the fireworks starts? I would hate to pay for an exclusive experience to then see others who didn't pay be allowed in.

Also if I wanted to take a few cookies to go is that allowed or will I get in trouble for that?

The Plaza Garden area is exclusive to party guests, it does not open up once fireworks start. The planters/gates provide a very good barrier that discourage fence hoppers, from a practical perspective. I think anyone who did try that would quickly be boo'd out of there by party goers anyway, but it's just not all that likely given the configuration of the area.

I'm sure a few cookies for later would be totally fine, no one is going to stop you.

The Plaza Garden area is exclusive to party guests, it does not open up once fireworks start. The planters/gates provide a very good barrier that discourage fence hoppers, from a practical perspective. I think anyone who did try that would quickly be boo'd out of there by party goers anyway, but it's just not all that likely given the configuration of the area.

I'm sure a few cookies for later would be totally fine, no one is going to stop you.

Thank you!

I am an amateur photographer who would very much like to take photographs of HEA during our upcoming trip in October. We are considering springing for this experience, and part of my decision is based on whether or not I would be able to use a tripod in the reserved viewing area. Would it be possible for me to bring a tripod? More importantly, is there ample room so that I would not be interfering with the enjoyment of other guests? The absolute last thing I want to be is the guy everyone talks about after their trip who ruined the show.

Many thanks in advance for any insight you all can provide!

I have no idea if this is technically allowed or not, but I agree with @Claudia1, the "back" against the rail seems like a good spot for this - you won't really be 'bothering' anyone behind you there. I'd probably head over to the garden area a touch early just so you can try out a few spots/angles if that's super important to you. I know WDW does have some tripod restrictions (size/height) although some are allowed, but you're probably up to speed on those.

I thought of one last question. I am trying to pick which MK night to do this on, a Thursday or Sunday. Which do you think would be better and what happens if it rains or the show is cancelled?

DH has taken tripod pics for years and often in the Plaza viewing area when it was the FP area. He always sat up at the back, in front of the fence so that he didn't block anybody. He always got great pics and never had a problem with people in front.

Thanks you so very much for replying to my question! This was exactly the information I was looking for.

I have no idea if this is technically allowed or not, but I agree with @Claudia1, the "back" against the rail seems like a good spot for this - you won't really be 'bothering' anyone behind you there. I'd probably head over to the garden area a touch early just so you can try out a few spots/angles if that's super important to you. I know WDW does have some tripod restrictions (size/height) although some are allowed, but you're probably up to speed on those.

Thanks for the valuable advice....I really had not considered getting to the reserved area a touch early, and I agree that the back would be the safest spot so as to not block other guests. Also thanks for the reminder about tripod policies!

I don't know the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say "thanks" for being considerate enough to ask! :)

I really appreciate your kind words. I assume we are all there for a magical experience, and I certainly don't want to capture mine at the expense of someone else's. Luckily we have these boards for us to all ask questions!

This for me too! How far out are you allowed to book usually?

The dessert parties are like ADRs, they open for booking at 180 days in advance. BUT, they often aren't "loaded" into the system at that point (likely because fireworks schedules haven't been finalized) so that leaves a bit of a grey area. Unfortunately you have to keep checking back periodically.

I keep going back and forth on purchasing this for our upcoming trip. Saw HEA a couple weeks ago from the hub grass - got there about 45 minutes before to get a spot and thought I was being really smart and prepared. It was a disaster. The combination of a group of girls in front of me loudly singing along and squealing every time a new character came on the castle, an insanely tall big guy wearing his light up Star Wars ears practically blocking my whole view of the castle projections (I'm 5'2), and the guy that budged in front of me and held up his iPhone 7+ to record the whole thing it was not a good experience. In June I'll have my parents and nieces with me and I'd like them to have a much better experience. I'm just not sure we can swallow the $400+ price tag that will come with it.

As an update - we decided to bite the bullet and book the dessert party for 6/18 - canceled another ADR to cover the cost. We got there late (about 8:30pm - long story) and for some reason they were offering us a refund when we went up to check-in. I'm not sure if it was because we were late, or the rain, or what, but they said we could either come in to dessert party at that time, come back to dessert party after fireworks, or get a full refund and still use the reserved viewing area. I was so confused! I clarified - so I can cancel, not get desserts, get a full refund and still use the reserved viewing area??? She said yes. So that's what we decided to do since we really only wanted the view anyway. The reserved viewing area was amazing! Would have been worth the $$$. We went right to the front railing to wait for show to start. Nieces had plenty of room to run around with other kids in the area chasing bubbles. Our view was perfect and it was so nice to not have to worry about fighting the crowds. There were two CMs that constantly kept people in the walkway in front of us moving throughout the show. We went to HEA again a couple nights later against my better judgment as people in my group wanted to see it again. Did the whole fight to keep a decent spot with the masses and it was terrible. If you're on the fence at all, do the dessert party! Thanks so much to this thread for helping me decide.

As an update - we decided to bite the bullet and book the dessert party for 6/18 - canceled another ADR to cover the cost. We got there late (about 8:30pm - long story) and for some reason they were offering us a refund when we went up to check-in. I'm not sure if it was because we were late, or the rain, or what, but they said we could either come in to dessert party at that time, come back to dessert party after fireworks, or get a full refund and still use the reserved viewing area. I was so confused! I clarified - so I can cancel, not get desserts, get a full refund and still use the reserved viewing area??? She said yes. So that's what we decided to do since we really only wanted the view anyway. The reserved viewing area was amazing! Would have been worth the $$$. We went right to the front railing to wait for show to start. Nieces had plenty of room to run around with other kids in the area chasing bubbles. Our view was perfect and it was so nice to not have to worry about fighting the crowds. There were two CMs that constantly kept people in the walkway in front of us moving throughout the show. We went to HEA again a couple nights later against my better judgment as people in my group wanted to see it again. Did the whole fight to keep a decent spot with the masses and it was terrible. If you're on the fence at all, do the dessert party! Thanks so much to this thread for helping me decide.
Looking forward to doing it this Saturday thanks for the update

We attended on the 24th and loved it. The show was delayed for about 20 minutes and as it started to rain they ushered us back into the party space, there was still some food setup, we were told to go back out because the show was starting and right as we did the skies really opened up and it rained buckets. Show started and it rained cats and dogs through the entire thing but it was still a blast. We just embraced the rain (with ponchos and umbrellas!) and had a great time. The lasers actually looked super nifty shooting through the raindrops and the crowd that remained was very into it, lots of shouting, cheering, singing and dancing in the puddles.

Thanks for letting everyone know! I booked the party for my family's August trip a few weeks ago precisely for the reasons you did. Glad to hear the view was worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter