Apologies if this has been asked and answered somewhere else, but is it possible that this event has already sold out for October? The dates are showing up but it comes up with no availability. I looked at many other dates even as close as a few weeks from now and through the crowded summer months and there is availability so it seemed odd that October is already sold out.
I doubt it is sold out. I just booked today for August. I heard they only release a month or two at a time.

I just booked it for June. Thank you so much for the review! I thought about booking, then decided not, but the pictures and the ease of viewing without having to wait and try to hold a spot or be in a crush of people swayed me. We hate to be on a strict schedule, and this is the perfect way to see the new show and not have to feel like every moment is planned.

Thank you so much for your review. We are booked for the party and couldn't be more excited.DH hates the wall to wall crowds in front of the castle but loves the fireworks. Happy to be seeing the new fireworks in comfort...next week!

So I just found this thread, thank you! I have it reserved as a surprise for my family next week. Will we be disappointed in the Terrace view? Plaza is sold out??

It was very nice of the OP to provide such detailed descriptions and photos. :)

That said, even if I hit the Powerball jackpot, I wouldn't pay those prices for cake and a better view of a fireworks show that is included in the price of a ticket I had to purchase. YMMV ;)

That said, even if I hit the Powerball jackpot, I wouldn't pay those prices for cake and a better view of a fireworks show that is included in the price of a ticket I had to purchase. YMMV ;)
I swore I would never do another MK dessert party after experiencing the Wishes party a couple of times. After a decade of watching Wishes inside the park, husband and I were content having cocktails at TOWL and viewing the fireworks from their balcony. I do want one spectacular experience viewing the projections and fireworks of the new HEA show as they are intended so we are doing the Plaza dessert party next time because I deeply regret my actions and the person I become when I've staked out a spot two hours early only to have people try to overtake me at the last minute. After this, I'm sure we'll be back to viewing them outside the park again.

I swore I would never do another MK dessert party after experiencing the Wishes party a couple of times. After a decade of watching Wishes inside the park, husband and I were content having cocktails at TOWL and viewing the fireworks from their balcony. I do want one spectacular experience viewing the projections and fireworks of the new HEA show as they are intended so we are doing the Plaza dessert party next time because I deeply regret my actions and the person I become when I've staked out a spot two hours early only to have people try to overtake me at the last minute. After this, I'm sure we'll be back to viewing them outside the park again.

I keep going back and forth on purchasing this for our upcoming trip. Saw HEA a couple weeks ago from the hub grass - got there about 45 minutes before to get a spot and thought I was being really smart and prepared. It was a disaster. The combination of a group of girls in front of me loudly singing along and squealing every time a new character came on the castle, an insanely tall big guy wearing his light up Star Wars ears practically blocking my whole view of the castle projections (I'm 5'2), and the guy that budged in front of me and held up his iPhone 7+ to record the whole thing it was not a good experience. In June I'll have my parents and nieces with me and I'd like them to have a much better experience. I'm just not sure we can swallow the $400+ price tag that will come with it.

In June I'll have my parents and nieces with me and I'd like them to have a much better experience. I'm just not sure we can swallow the $400+ price tag that will come with it.
I totally appreciate how quickly the price becomes prohibitive the more people you add. It is now just me and DH who travel to WDW, which affords a great deal more freedom, spontaneity, and less cost than we've ever enjoyed before. One thing about being a bigger party is that you can group together more easily to guard against those who would try to thwart your efforts of a good view. The only two times we did not have a problem watching Wishes was when we had extended family with us or when we made an alliance with fellow smaller groups around us as we were staking out our spots early.

$400 :earseek: Just think of the nice dinner you could take them to for that money @ceeceegee.

I couldn't possibly count all the times I've seen Wishes over the years. Sometimes with a near perfect view and other times not so much. But it was always magical whenever we were in the park to see it.

I think it's great that Disney has options for people willing to spend big bucks to get an awesome view for an 18 minute show. I would never do it, but there are probably things I spend money on that dessert party people would never consider.

I keep going back and forth on purchasing this for our upcoming trip. Saw HEA a couple weeks ago from the hub grass - got there about 45 minutes before to get a spot and thought I was being really smart and prepared. It was a disaster. The combination of a group of girls in front of me loudly singing along and squealing every time a new character came on the castle, an insanely tall big guy wearing his light up Star Wars ears practically blocking my whole view of the castle projections (I'm 5'2), and the guy that budged in front of me and held up his iPhone 7+ to record the whole thing it was not a good experience. In June I'll have my parents and nieces with me and I'd like them to have a much better experience. I'm just not sure we can swallow the $400+ price tag that will come with it.

This is my concern with a Plaza view too - spending all that $$ to only have some really tall person stand in front of us or place a kid on their shoulder last minute and block the view. At least with a Terrace view your sitting right against the railing and while maybe a crooked view, its at least not a blocked one.

This is my concern with a Plaza view too - spending all that $$ to only have some really tall person stand in front of us or place a kid on their shoulder last minute and block the view. At least with a Terrace view your sitting right against the railing and while maybe a crooked view, its at least not a blocked one.
Think the OP didn't have the garden view with the party the unreserved area?

I will gladly pay for the convenience of being able to come in at leisure and have a good viewing spot particularly when I have the grandchildren. I have staked out viewing spots an hour or two in advance only having to fight to keep them. One time a girl moved my bag while I was parking the stroller and sat in my spot with her friend. Then the CM moved all of us and said we couldn't sit there and finally decided we could and a group of people dove under the older family next to us. I felt really sorry for them and in retrospect I wish I had given my seat up to the elderly grand pop because the wife who was disabled had to sit in a sea of strangers. It is worth it to me not to have to go through the time or stress. Plus the girls love chocolate.

Last edited:
I also wanted to say that we did the terrace for Wishes the trip before last and I felt the trees had grown up and somewhat blocked part of the castle, plus it rained so we had people standing in front of us and our only option would have been to stand in the rain. Not a great experience. This time we are doing the plaza. I like the ability to move around.

Just as an aside, the Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Viewing is $59 per person including taxes and $35 per child. A party of 4 would be $236...a party of 6 would be $354.
It isn't the cheapest "event" at WDW, but it is up there as close to cheapest. Is it "worth" it? That's up to each person individually. For us, the terrace view, which is $20 more a person, was worth it for my mom. But it was just mom and I, and it was my treat to her for her birthday. If I had my husband and stepson, I'd still do the plaza view, and for us it would be worth it because of my stepson, who is on the autism spectrum.

Just booked this for July. $413 for 7 of us. Yikes!!

This will be more expensive than any of our dining but I really hate the stress of staking out a spot ahead of time and worrying about people blocking the view, etc. It seems like you will at least have enough room to move around in the reserved area if a tall person is in front of you. I would normally never spend that much money on something like this but figure this will be a special treat for the week. Our kids are teenagers now and this might be our last trip with all of them together so hopefully this will be a great memory.

Just booked this for July. $413 for 7 of us. Yikes!!

This will be more expensive than any of our dining but I really hate the stress of staking out a spot ahead of time and worrying about people blocking the view, etc. It seems like you will at least have enough room to move around in the reserved area if a tall person is in front of you. I would normally never spend that much money on something like this but figure this will be a special treat for the week. Our kids are teenagers now and this might be our last trip with all of them together so hopefully this will be a great memory.
If it makes you feel any better I was talking about my parade/fireworks experiences today, and sharing some of the stories from past times; all the time, stress and (mental) fatigue. Well worth it, especially with little ones and larger parties. Even last year, I had some guy literally lying on my back because, having already moved from the spot I had been in for over an hour to allow his double stroller in front, he wanted to be able to stand facing them to narrate, I guess. After trying unsuccessfully to push me out of my spot, he proceeded to lay across my back in the pretense of "talking" to his children. I finally moved so as to block him completely from the left, forcing him to go to the other side. Nope, I'll pay the money.

ETA: We booked 2 adults, 2 children for 188.00 plaza view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter