Review of 50s Prime Time Diner

tiggergirlinMI

Now living 30 minutes from the World!
Sorry it has taken me over 2 weeks to post this but I finally got some free time! This trip was myself, my 17 yr old son and his 16 yr old GF. We chose PTD because every trip we swear we will go but never do. I reserved it for the first night to make sure we went!
We arrived, were seated fast and "mom" came to take our order. I wish I could have remembered her real name. She was incredible, SO in character...Called my son "Scooter" and his GF and I "princess".
We all ordered the chicken but it came with collard greens and my son and his GF didn't like them. As we watched others order, they asked for fries instead, we know that for next time!
She reminded us about no elbows on the table. Someone at the other table near us tattled and had to stand in the corner as we scolded her, very fun!
Well my son's GF was so afraid she was going to get in trouble for not eating her greens so she pushed the food around the plate.
"Mom" came to gather our plates, and very casually took his GFs plate, my plate, then my son's plate.
We thought she wasn't going to make a comment, but then we were wrong!
She took my son's plate, his fork and banged the fork on the plate, as she said "Look my boy Scooter didn't eat his greens, I'm going to go make him something special in the kitchen!"
He was so embarrassed but thought it was funny.
We had ordered dessert , the smores plate, and waited.
She came out, and all I saw was whipped cream and lots of sprinkles. Then as the plate got closer, I saw that the base of this delicacy was the greens he did not eat!
I saw it coming first and started laughing so hard I ended up crying!
We laughed for a long time and "mom" kept a straight face as she said "there, now maybe you will eat it scooter"
The food was great, the fried chicken, the mashed potatoes, and the smores dessert.
Atmosphere, awesome.
Just a great meal alltogether! Highly recommend!

I am so glad to hear you had a great experience. There have been a lot of mixed reviews about Prime Time lately. We have ADRs for January. I hope we have such a great server! ;)

Our first trip to Prime Time we had a blast, we laughed so much we were in tears. Unfortunately the last three visits our servers didn't really get into character, service was still fine and the food was good, we just missed out on the hi jinx.

So glad to hear it. We have and ADR for our C-mas trip. We always try to get there. We love it.

One time my DM was getting aggrevated b/c the waitress or "mom" kept telling her to get her elbows off the table and my mother was getting peeved!!! :rotfl2:

I don't get it b/c she had been there before and knew what it was all about.

I sprinkled some pixie dust on her and she shaped up!

We still tease her about to this day!!!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

We had a really fun time at The 50s Cafe when we went. I had seen it years ago when the MMC (i'm an old school MMC fan from my teen years) and always wanted to go there so it was a must for the Honeymoon trip. We had decent food but the craziness can't be beat! We had so much fun we took a pic with our server....

662450scafe.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter