Reusable Bag Question

MrsInsG

Mouseketeer
Hi All-

I've seen the discussions about reusable Disney merchandise bags available for sale, but I can't find an answer to my particular question. What happens regarding shipping back to your WDW resort. For example, if I purchase larger items at the Emporium and want them shipped to my resort, Disney always bagged the purchase and stapled the bag within an inch of its life to ensure nothing would fall out. How are they handling this now that there are reusable bags? I assume sealing the bag is still done, but how? If they staple a reusable bag, it will be ruined. I don't want to waste my money on reusable bags that cannot, in fact, be reused. How are they handling this?

Many thanks for the information!

Hi All-

I've seen the discussions about reusable Disney merchandise bags available for sale, but I can't find an answer to my particular question. What happens regarding shipping back to your WDW resort. For example, if I purchase larger items at the Emporium and want them shipped to my resort, Disney always bagged the purchase and stapled the bag within an inch of its life to ensure nothing would fall out. How are they handling this now that there are reusable bags? I assume sealing the bag is still done, but how? If they staple a reusable bag, it will be ruined. I don't want to waste my money on reusable bags that cannot, in fact, be reused. How are they handling this?

Many thanks for the information!
Disney shops still bag purchases in plastic bags for merchandise sent back to resorts and for purchases that are handed over to guests in the parks.

Thank you both very much! I did not realize the regular plastic bags were still available at the parks.

Still available and given without question if you don't want to buy a bag. We bought larger sizes items in the outlet and got a regular bag (no charge), then bought different size of items in the park and got a few different sized bags. I bring these homes and use them for storage to keep a little of the magic going, so I was glad to have no problems getting them. :)

We just got back from a 12 night stay. Purchases sent back to the resort are still bagged like always. As a matter of fact - everything we purchased regardless of it being sent to the resort of carried out by us was bagged just as it always had been. They did have resusable bags for purchase as well.

So, they raised AP prices, they raised resort parking prices, and now they raised the price for reusable bags. Gets better every day. Lol

So, they raised AP prices, they raised resort parking prices, and now they raised the price for reusable bags. Gets better every day. Lol
No one stated a raise in price for the reusable bags.

Thread is confirming free bags for all purchase types and reusable bags can be purchased but aren’t a necessity.

You don't need to buy a reusable bag, you can forgo the $1 increase on them because Disney is still using plastic for free

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter