• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Returning within 60 days with different magic band

married2mm

DIS Veteran
im not technical at all:rainbow::rainbow:

Won't receive new magic band until we check in-
Can I do anything on mde or do I need to revisit guest services?

As long as u have a magic band active on your mde profile you can use it. You don't have to use the newest one. I have over 20 and usually just grab my AP one and one other as a back up and go.

There's nothing "on" a Magic Band - it's just a means to access what's on your MDE account.

im not technical at all:rainbow::rainbow:

Won't receive new magic band until we check in-
Can I do anything on mde or do I need to revisit guest services?

What exactly do you need to do at guest services? If it is to renew a DAS, then I think you need to go there on your first day. Or is a DAS valid longer than a length of stay?

What exactly do you need to do at guest services? If it is to renew a DAS, then I think you need to go there on your first day. Or is a DAS valid longer than a length of stay?

DAS is valid for 60 days I believe?
Was re activated at the beginning of this month-next visit mid October.

According to what Disney has published, DAS for AP holders is authorized for up to 60 days. As other posters mentioned, it is on your profile, which a linked Magicband can access. Nothing from your profile is actually stored on the Magicband.
If it's been longer or you don't have an AP, you would need to get it re-authorized before you try to use it. That doesn't have to be your first day.

According to what Disney has published, DAS for AP holders is authorized for up to 60 days. As other posters mentioned, it is on your profile, which a linked Magicband can access. Nothing from your profile is actually stored on the Magicband.
If it's been longer or you don't have an AP, you would need to get it re-authorized before you try to use it. That doesn't have to be your first day.

Sadly don't have an AP.

I recall previously being informed by guest services GAC was only for length of stay.

But thought the DAS was somehow connected to magic band for 60 days ( as I said previously-not techno minded at all!!)

So, in a guide for dummies like me;
DAS is linked to my profile & as long as it's there-I'm ok with any magic band?

Yes - all of your Magicbands that were linked to your profile would still be linked.

The official Disney information says that DAS is valid for your length of stay if you don't have an annual pass. There are some guesses that they may just authorize all for 60 days.

Yes - all of your Magicbands that were linked to your profile would still be linked.

The official Disney information says that DAS is valid for your length of stay if you don't have an annual pass. There are some guesses that they may just authorize all for 60 days.

Thanks very much sue.
I guess we'll find out soon enough when I try to get a return time!!:rolleyes1

you can all ways just stop at GS first thing and see if your DAS is still linked. that way you are not at the back of the park and find out you have to walk all the way to the front/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter