Returning to Japan in November!

disneyobsessed808

DIS Veteran
I'll be making my 4th trip to Japan in November and of course, going to Tokyo Disneyland Resort for a few days. We'll be staying at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay during our time there.

My mom is thinking about renting a wheelchair because she's getting older, has trouble walking, and is not super mobile. I saw that we could also request a guest assistance card online. Does anyone have experience with this?

My older brother has been doing most of the trip planning with little input from my Mom and I, deciding that we'll be going to Fukuoka and Sapporo. I'm kinda annoyed since he didn't really keep any extra days for Tokyo or Kyoto, for my mom who has never been. We are going to a Sumo Tournament in Fukuoka, but is there anything else to see? Anyone familiar or have suggestions for Fukuoka or Sapporo?

From vague memory, in Fukuoka we did the main park, the tower, Canal City (or some kind of large shopping centre) and ate at the food stalls.

Our main reason for travelling down to Fukuoka was a day trip to Mount Aso. It was enjoyable, but access to the top / crater was closed due to the high level of volcanic activity / sulphur (?) / gas (?) in the air.

I'm pretty sure we also did the reclining Buddha, but I may be getting confused with another reclining Buddha.

We really just used our time in Fukuoka to take things a little easier and relax as it was at the tail end of an otherwise quite hectic and action-packed holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!