Returning something bought online

Pamela M

DIS Veteran
I bought something online. Do you know if I can return it to Wold of Disney when I'm at the parks next week or do I need to mail it in?

It should say on the packing slip or receipt from your online purchase whether you can do that or not. My guess is if you bought it from the Disney Store online, you can return it to a Disney Store mall location, and if you bought it from the Shop Disney Parks site, you can return it at the parks if they sell that particular item in the store.

Did you buy it via the ShopParks App or the ShopDisney website?

According to ShopParks App's return info, if you had the item shipped home, you'll need to do the return through ShopParks:

For ShopDisney website, it's a bit less clear. It says that you can return it to any Disney Store location in the continental US, but excluded items include Park and resort merchandise.

I would call whichever shop you used to find out whether you can return your items to the resorts or not.

I have found it a huge hassle to return anything from online purchases (ShopDisney). Unless I know for sure it's a fit, I don't risk it.

I have found it a huge hassle to return anything from online purchases (ShopDisney). Unless I know for sure it's a fit, I don't risk it.
That’s so odd. I’ve returned quite a few times at our local Disney store (it’s actually an outlet) with no issues.

I have until the 29th to return it and I'm at the park on the 23rd so I think I'll try World of Disney and if I can't then I'll mail in the return.

I have until the 29th to return it and I'm at the park on the 23rd so I think I'll try World of Disney and if I can't then I'll mail in the return.
Pamela, I know this is an old thread but I’m wondering how you made out with your return? I’m hoping to do something similar in a few weeks, return a shopDisney item in the WDW parks. Did it work?

I am lucky enough to live in an area that has a Disney Store in the mall. It was a bit out of the way but doable. I was able to return most of my last purchases there including a carry on bag that was broken upon arrival. I was very glad I didn't have to ship them back.

Pamela, I know this is an old thread but I’m wondering how you made out with your return? I’m hoping to do something similar in a few weeks, return a shopDisney item in the WDW parks. Did it work?

I doubt it worked, even if it was a Disney Parks item since it wasn't purchased at the parks. I would look for a Disney Store nearby (if there is one) or send it by mail.

I doubt it worked, even if it was a Disney Parks item since it wasn't purchased at the parks. I would look for a Disney Store nearby (if there is one) or send it by mail.
I was not able to return my online purchase at the World of disney in Downtown disney. Not sure if that is true of other retail stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter