Returning points to proper use year

Ty any thoughts on me just cancel online and Hope for the best?

Since you know for sure they are not going, canceling puts those points in the same place as they will be if you call MS.

Since resorts are open, DVC won’t be doing any canceling. IMO, the benefit of doing it today is that they seem to be allowing points to be returned,

Tomorrow, that could change. Worst case, they tell you they don’t qualify.

But, you could keep trying to get a hold of MS before doing it. If it is still hard to get through it is another reason to give in the email as to why you did it yourself.

Ok great ty your the 2nd person that advised to cancel online will do it now and email. Ty so much!

Like others, I was on redial for about half hour yesterday then in queue for about 50 minutes. BUT, my 408 borrowed points on August res that I cancelled were ALL returned to original use year. Happy dance! Now I have to wait out cruise line for late August/early Sept res. That one used ~ 400 banked points...may be looking at RCI.

Like others, I was on redial for about half hour yesterday then in queue for about 50 minutes. BUT, my 408 borrowed points on August res that I cancelled were ALL returned to original use year. Happy dance! Now I have to wait out cruise line for late August/early Sept res. That one used ~ 400 banked points...may be looking at RCI.
Ok good to hear I just cancelled online and wrote an email ty so much for replying! Good luck!

I'm dying to cancel my August ressie online, but too chicken to do it without verbal confirmation from MS that my borrowed points will go back into the 2020 use year...

Okay...the I ca see why you want to wait and have a CM do it. Right now, there has not been one report here and other places I have read in which borrowed points have not been returned..or told they would be,

We certainly don’t know how long until they change it, but since you are not sure it’s off, all You can do is keep trying Ms

I cancelled an October reservation last week which had some borrowed points. They were placed back to original use year. I did not expect this but not complaining :)

After about 20 minutes of re-dialing, i JUST got thru and listened to all the initial pre-recorded messages they make you listen to before you get in the hold music queue to speak to a live person - they stated in those messages that any for canceled reservations that used borrowed points, those points will go back into the UY they were borrowed from, whether done on the phone with MS or online via the DVC website.

Got thru last night after trying all day and holding for 60+ minutes

Told by CM borrowed points will be put back into use year they were borrowed from.

Trip was from 7/5 to 7/13

Clarified with CM again since we were essentially canceling a trip and per the rules they should go into 2019 use year, he confirmed that due to covid and regardless of why trip was cancelled they would “un-borrow” them and return to 2020 use year.

Was told will take 10 - 15 days to process

Thanked CM profusely and had a drink.

I had points but back in the year they we borrowed from, so this is still being done. However, in my case, I did not want to unborrow them. We are moving our reservation and I have been trying to piece together the same resort and villa type for new dates. All the days/ GV I want finally opened up this evening and I don’t have enough points because my unborrowed points aren’t showing as available.

I'm dying to cancel my August ressie online, but too chicken to do it without verbal confirmation from MS that my borrowed points will go back into the 2020 use year...
They’ll be returned. Just discovered mine were returned automatically but we still intend to use them in July and now they are not available.

I had points but back in the year they we borrowed from, so this is still being done. However, in my case, I did not want to unborrow them. We are moving our reservation and I have been trying to piece together the same resort and villa type for new dates. All the days/ GV I want finally opened up this evening and I don’t have enough points because my unborrowed points aren’t showing as available.

I am so sorry! They told me that as long as the borrowed points were put in reservations when changes were made before they were put back, I’d be grandfathered in to being over the 50%.

Once returned, however. the 50% rule now applied.

I am so sorry! They told me that as long as the borrowed points were put in reservations when changes were made before they were put back, I’d be grandfathered in to being over the 50%.

Once returned, however. the 50% rule now applied.
I’m ok with the 50% but none of them are accessible. I’m going to call tomorrow. Hopefully they can see and access them.

I’m ok with the 50% but none of them are accessible. I’m going to call tomorrow. Hopefully they can see and access them.

Oh wow, That has to be a tech glitch.once I canceled, they showed up immediately as still borrowed, so I could put them right back into a reservstion.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!