Returning a rental car to Avis at RPR or HRH

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
Posting first in this subgroup before the general transportation group, as people who have stayed at USO resorts before may better know the answer to this question:

I'm planning to pick up a car a MCO to use at Disney, and then drop it off at HRH or RPR (wherever we will plan to stay) for our time a USO (when we envision leaving the resort at all).

I have picked up an Avis rental before, and checked in near the front desk. How does RETURNING a Avis car to HRH or RPR work? For example, when arriving do I stop at the hotel front entrance and leave it there, or do I go into the parking lot where I've picked up a car rental before?

I would just keep the car for the rest of the trip and return it at the airport you have to get back there anyway and if you prebook the car online we use Alamo and insiders get a discount it will already be paid for.

Posting first in this subgroup before the general transportation group, as people who have stayed at USO resorts before may better know the answer to this question:

I'm planning to pick up a car a MCO to use at Disney, and then drop it off at HRH or RPR (wherever we will plan to stay) for our time a USO (when we envision leaving the resort at all).

I have picked up an Avis rental before, and checked in near the front desk. How does RETURNING a Avis car to HRH or RPR work? For example, when arriving do I stop at the hotel front entrance and leave it there, or do I go into the parking lot where I've picked up a car rental before?
i haven't returned one at those resorts, but FWIW I have returned one at Cabana Bay and was told to put it in the small gated parking lot nearby the main entrance. If you are not sure where to go, you can temporarily pull up to park at the entrance and go in and ask. Or will you be returning it after the desk closes (I think 4 PM?) You may be able to call the resort front desk and ask to talk to an Avis rep in that case. I disagree with the above suggestion to keep it and pay the resort parking fees. Another suggestion could be to price out returning it at the Car Care Center and getting an Uber or Lyft to USO. Several companies are cheaper than Avis IME.

My last trip a few weeks ago I was going to rent from Avis at MCO and return at my US resort, but had some weird issues with my credit card already being on DH's Avis profile. So I switched to Alamo and actually went back to the airport (I was not at Disney, but elsewhere) and returned the car and grabbed an Uber to US. Saved about $100 on the rental but had to pay rideshare.

Thanks all. I would be returning the car to the USO hotel well before 4 pm, so no concerns of finding someone. Like what happened to you at Cabana Bay I'm guessing they will direct me to park in the lot.

By far the cheapest option for me is to rent the car at MCO, use it at Disney (we are staying at Treehouse villas so need the car to avoid us from using the buses), and then return it to one of the USO resorts. USO also charges a high daily parking fee for a car that we likely won't otherwise use accepted to drive back to MCO. So the cost would be $171 for the rental, and then whatever the Uber would be to take us to MC) which I'm guessing would be in the $30 range. So $200 total.

The cheapest rate I've found to keep the car for the entirety (using a very good discount code through my work), combined with the USO parking is $500.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter