Return to the Magic Trip Report - Day 2 - The Magic Kingdom Awaits

BudgieMama

DIS Veteran
Holding off until our second day for the Magic Kingdom makes it all the more special when we finally get there. We had an 8.05am breakfast at Be Our Guest booked, so heading in bright and early again- no bus problems today!- and were outside and ready to be let in around 7.30am. It was the same day as an Early Morning Magic event, and we weren't sure whether it would affect the feel of the quiet Main Street I loved from our PPO last time.

It was a bit later that they allowed us in this time- I'm glad we weren't on EMM, because I don't think they let us in- any of us- until 7.45am... but most people in front of us were heading there, so we had a few minutes to grab some lovely photos on Main Street and in front of the partners statue before heading to BOG.
MK_PARTLEFT_20160816_390583821648_zpsxysmwtlo.jpeg

We arrived at check-in, and were immediately very glad we had pre-ordered our food (If you're eating QS, DO IT). We were sent the the much shorter line with only four people ahead of us, and after a short welcome ceremony, our line was called in first and we were the second family into the restaurant! YAY! We both opted for the Feast A La Gaston, and I even got a decent cup of tea once I figured everything out (with REAL milk! MILK!!). We waited a tad longer than expected- lots of people ate before us, but we weren't rushing out, and headed out to explore the Magic Kingdom just after 9am...

First up was Peter Pan, which posted a 5 minute wait. It ended up being 15 minutes, but I'd wanted to see the queue area as I'd heard it was nice and it was worth the 15 minutes to see it. We had been underwhelmed with Peter Pan on our first trip, but enjoyed it more this time- perhaps not over estimating it! Next was Splash Mountain- obviously a walk on at that time, and hubby liked it so much we rode twice before heading off.

I can't remember what else we did this morning- I can see from our FP+ that we rode the Mine Train- definitely a favourite for us, especially with BTMRR down throughout the trip... I know at some point we visited the Tiki Room, I had my first Dole Whip Float (YUM) , we visited the Haunted Mansion and Pirates, visited Goofy and my favourite Duck!

MK_SBCSIDESHOWDONALDOCHAR_20160816_7774217951_zpsjrquoy8z.jpeg

We also meet Belle at the special Memory Maker meet, which was really nice- just one family ahead of us in the queue, and we headed round to Tomorrowland to ride the PeopleMover and Buzz's Space Ranger Spin before it was time to hop back to the resort because we needed to grab some ID and the voucher before popping out to a Geocaching Meet at Disney Springs.

We took a stroll round the Springs, picked up our gift card, popped in a few shops (but most of them were of no interest to us), and had dinner at the Earl of Sandwich (first visit- YUM!) and then met some lovely cachers. Ironically, most of the ones we spoke to were from the UK (as the organiser was!), but it was nice to be there!

We had planned to head back to the resort afterwards, but I wasn't tired and we'd planned a lie in the next day, so I opted to head back to the MK for some solo touring! I love a bit of solo time in the MK, and as we'd planned to see Wishes and the MSEP later in the trip, I could ignore them and just do the rides!

MK_RAPUNZELTOWER_20160816_7774678542_zpscvb1oecs.jpeg

I rode Space Mountain a couple of times, Mine Train (on standby... 35 minutes posted, 80 minutes waited! OUCH!), Haunted Mansion a couple of times, PeopleMover, Jungle Cruise (with the BEST skipper ever) and probably some other stuff too.

I didn't stay until park close, but headed out around 11pm... after the obligatory photo! A great first day back at the Magic Kingdom! Definitely one of my favourite places on earth!

MK_MSCINEMA_20160817_390583393496_zpsfewfjgow.jpeg

What did the feast a la Gaston contain? I've gad lunch & dinner there but not breakfast. It sounds much more relaxing on the counter service plan, I've alway had the full one. I love the first day of the holiday at MK, so interested to see that you go on the second, builds up th excitement, I imagine.

Thank fir writing a report.

I think because MK is my favourite park, it's worth the extra wait: I think if I did it first, everything else would pale in comparison, and I'd forget that I enjoy the other parks too!!

The Feast A La Gaston was Scrambled Eggs, Herb-Roasted Potatoes, Apple Smoked Bacon, and Chicken Sausage served with Fresh Fruit and a selection of pastries. It was good!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter